Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The post in smallgame got me to thinking, What would be you favorite weapon and load for TreeRAT? This can be real or imagined. Since is started this trip down folly lane I pick the .308 with 49.0 GR. H335 MV. 2943 and weapon of choice is the 30cal mini gun

Attachments

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
I think my 30/06 would like to be introduced to a tree rat or two... :D

But... I'll proly stay with the ole 22! :sniper:

·
Registered
70,771 Posts
I carried a M 79 in Vietnam and think it would be great for squirrel hunting. Just find the tree that the squirrel ran up and aim it in the general direction. Here are the stats on it. M79 grenade launcher
The M79 grenade launcher is a single-shot, break-open, shoulder-fired weapon. It is breech-loading and fires a 40mm grenade. It has an open, fixed front sight and an open, adjustable rear sight.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
Did you REALLY need sites for that Mailman?
Sounds like it would hit the target if you just aimed in the general direction.

Nice choice by the way

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
a belgium browning .22 semi-auto topped with a 4x burris scope, shooting winchester super x hollow points. it's been working for years now....turned many of squirrels heads into canoes with that thing.

ahhhh....can't wait till hickory nuts get ripe!!

·
Registered
70,771 Posts
Hayzer....for the record..I tore off the sights as soon as I got out in the jungle. They kept getting hung up on the vegitation. I always shot it from the hip anyway. Whenever we were to be picked up out it the bush we would have to get rid of our old ammo except one clip for the ride in the chopper back to base camp. We would pick out a tree in the distance at the LZ ((landing zone) and the guys with the 16's would shoot first and then the 60's. I would be last cause when I shot I'd aim at the base of the tree and blow it out like removing a stump in a pasture with dinamite. No target anymore. That was one of the "Fun Times" over there.

·
Registered
70,771 Posts
fireman tell Blackie "Welcome Home" from a fellow Grunt. I forgot to mention the yardage of the "stump removal"........200-300 yards thereabouts. Had to use the ol Kentucky elevation and Tennessee windage trick. I could always hit it on at least the third try from the hip. I'd love to be able to shoot one today if it were legal. I guess I could re-enlist. Do you think they would take me after 35 years?

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
Will do Mailman, and welcome home to you too!!! Blackie was Army, 1st Cav...shot in the elbow, came out his hand. He was my Cap't when I first came on duty at the Fire Dept. He spent a little time in some tunnels over there too. He made it easy to go into structure fires when I was a rookie, nuttin bothered him, cept for snakes...lol. He was a blast to work with, retired now. Fun to hear his stories!!! Yea, call a recruiter, see how it goes!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.