Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Former Chicken Man
20,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Even though the hunt doesn't start until tomorrow morning, here's a few pre-hunt pics;

Ready to leave home this morning;
[file]80084[/file]
Checked in at the Smithville Super8;
[file]80086[/file]
Got parked;
[file]80088[/file]
Chairman and JackJr were already here, and ready to go look around;
[file]80090[/file]

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
37 degrees at 6:00a.m.,with light ESE & SE winds all day.

Looks like a beautiful weekend!

I'm gettin my stuff together now.See ya in the mornin GO!

I bet it's hard to sleep tonight!

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
I don't know if it's gonna be foggy in the morn...It's been pretty foggy the last two days.
Was not too bad though.Coulda still gotten a 80 yard shot.

·
Former Chicken Man
20,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm sure it will be. I'm already thinking about packing up to get out of here. :eek::

I'm also paranoid about leaving the Razr out like that. :peepwall:

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,463 Posts
:cheers: Good to see you tonight Timmy! I wish all you guys the best of luck in the morning! Sure ought to be a good one! :banana-man-yeah:

Parker

·
Registered
11,815 Posts
I am going to try and be there about 4PM. Want to see you guys come in loaded. I know the harvester will be.

Good weather today. Should be a good one.

:2thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
MAN OH MAN WHAT A DAY!!!

A couple MWT members are Happy Campers tonight!!!

I'm one of them and I was just along for the ride...

I don't wanna steal anyones glory...So ya'll gots to wait for stories and pics!!!

·
Registered
69,797 Posts
[rquote=1480984&tid=103478&author=SHEDHEAD]MAN OH MAN WHAT A DAY!!!

A couple MWT members are Happy Campers tonight!!!

I'm one of them and I was just along for the ride...

I don't wanna steal anyones glory...So ya'll gots to wait for stories and pics!!!

[/rquote]

Should we get out the tape measurers?

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
Nothin quite needing the tape,but a couple quality bucks.

You shoulda seen the two bucks that came by after Kurt shot his....:eek:

One was totally non-typical...Then bout 11:00 a HUGE GIANT TOAD HAWG ALL THE ABOVE!!!Right down the same trail as the others.

Kurt and I both were takin pics.Surely one or two will turn out.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
I don't know what the harvest numbers were for the day,but there was ALOT of deer taken.And many bucks.

One of the guys workin there said the biggest would be bout 150".12ptr..

·
Former Chicken Man
20,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ShedHead is a good dude to share a blind with, and it was also good seeing the other members who well hunting, helping or visiting. :cheers:

We hadn't seen any deer at all, which is unusual for that blind, but right at 8am SH spots a buck off to the left of the stand. It was tough getting a shot through the trees, but I got lined up on an opening and blasted him when he stepped into view. At the shot he took off running, and a short distance behind him a larger buck started running behind him. The buck I'd shot ran 50-75 yards before dropping and doing the Curly Shuffle for a bit, and the bigger deer started trying to gore him with his antlers. (I didn't see that part, but SH did and told me).
SH went and started gutting him, and while he was doing so a smaller buck came from the right, sniffing the air and going directly to my downed buck. He slowly walked up the hill until he could see what was going on, watched for a little bit and then turned and ran off. After gutting, SH dragged him to field because it was closer and then we retrieved him with the Razr.
A while later another buck came through on the same trail, and this one was the biggest of the four seen. When he got to the blood trail he because very curious about it. I tried using The Can to stop him so we could get pictures, but he just glanced over and kept going. He eventually checked out the gut pile, them followed the trail that the smaller buck had come in on. The whole time he was in view, and for a bit after, SH was almost speechless. He was so excited about seeing that buck go by fairly close .:D
I decided t leave early, and after a nice dinner with friends (thanks Ghost-Hunter) I headed home. I stopped a couple times to rest a bit, because other than that I've been going for over 24 hours now. (... and I'm not the young pup I used to be). :eek::scared:

Pictures to come next...

·
Former Chicken Man
20,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It was a foggy morning, so everything was wet. It was hard to keep the camera lens clear enough for pics, so there's some distortion.

After gutting the deer and dragging him to the field;
[file]80289[/file]

After loading onto the Razr;
[file]80291[/file]

A couple poses with my deer;
[file]80293[/file]
[file]80295[/file]

·
Former Chicken Man
20,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here's a few of the buck that left SH speechless;

[file]80300[/file]

[file]80299[/file]

[file]80297[/file]

·
Former Chicken Man
20,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Finally, on the way home my truck reached an important milestone in it's life. It's 2005.

[file]80301[/file]

1 - 20 of 75 Posts