Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
outstanding!
there is nothing like a shotgun that hit's you just right.
what kind of wood did you get?
it looks like a nice piece of perty walnut.

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
hoytshooter you should lay the old stock on top of the new one and snap a photo so we can get a real visual of just how high of a comb you've built.

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Gun is sounding like a real shooter!
Thanks for the update!
:cheers::cheers:

·
5,631 Posts
Sure am glad I've got an 870 Express SuperMag on layway!

Found her for $300 in Realtree Hardwood. Couldn't turn it down!

·
19,583 Posts
NICE...

Originally posted by Hoytshooter

But I do know the people.
I live about 12 miles to the East of Lincoln, down C highway, then a couple miles North.

Wenig Custom Stocks is a top-notch stock company. They donate door prizes to the Truman Lake Disabled Hunt every year, too.

·
Registered
18,763 Posts
Very cool Chairman. If I knew you were so close I would have let you know I was down that way! I had some free time saturday afternoon. I'll have to let you know when I'll be down that way again!
I know Elbert Smith, he is the guy in the pictures doing the fitting. Great guy for sure, and quite a company...definately great at what they do!

·
Registered
70,604 Posts
I've seen some of their work here and there and I'm impressed with the quality of wood and workmanship. Like you said it sure feels good to shoulder a shotgun that fits you. About 25 or 30 yrs ago I had ordered a walnut stock for my old model 12 winchester from Herters. Herters back then was the Bass Pro or Cabelas in the hunting and fishing world. I sent them the measurements and chose the grade of wood in walnut. I think it was graded from 1 to 5 and I chose a 3 and it was just beautiful. Raised comb with a monte carlo cheek piece. I put on a Morgan adjustable shoulder pad and went to the range. It was like putting on an old pair of your favorite shoes. I couldn't miss with that gun. Shot on a trap league and took third high gun that year out of 200 shooters. It sure was sweet. Sorry to say I don't have her anymore. I made a trade about 20 years ago that I deeply regret. Can't wait for your finished product pics.:eek:

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Originally posted by Chairman

Wenig Custom Stocks is a top-notch stock company. They donate door prizes to the Truman Lake Disabled Hunt every year, too.

My guide the last three years is the son of the owner. Like Rick said, they are great supporters of the Truman hunt. :cheers:

·
19,583 Posts
Very cool Chairman. If I knew you were so close I would have let you know I was down that way! I had some free time saturday afternoon. I'll have to let you know when I'll be down that way again!
Yep ~ and then maybe you can pick up them wheels I have for ya', to go on your home-made deer cart...

Thought I forgot about 'em, din't ya'... :D

Last year was super busy for me, and I never did get around to haulin' 'em to KC. Sorry 'bout that...

·
Registered
18,763 Posts
No worries Chairman. I'll be back down there every now and again, probably more than you'll be up around KC. I'll shoot you a U2U next time I'm heading down that way and we'll get it all figured out.

I was going to mention, cause I'm sure some of you that live down that way know the place...I ate at Charley's Buffet on Saturday night. YUM YUM!!

·
19,583 Posts

I was going to mention, cause I'm sure some of you that live down that way know the place...I ate at Charley's Buffet on Saturday night. YUM YUM!!
Oh yeah ~ you can get pretty stuffed at Charlie's!

And if you like pasta &/or pizza, you'll have to check out Calgaro's (I think that's how it's spelled...), in downtown Cole Camp.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.