Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have the .243 tucked into it's new to me stock so after work today i'm headed out to the range to see how it shoots. i am hopeing for an improvement to the groups from what the boat paddle stock gave. :rotfl: after i'm satisfied with how it shoots then it all comes apart again and i'll start cutting down the stock and pull the scope and ship it back to leupold and hopefully get it all back together in two weeks. during that time i may try to get hte trigger tweaked as it is around 8 friggen lb's. a 4lb would be better suited for my son if he wants to be able to shoot that thing at 100 yds or so.

· Registered
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i'm back :wave:
nice outing tonight even with the light rain. the new stock has helped the groups no two ways about it. went from 1 1/2" groups to 3/4" groups. the 55 gr balistic tips where right on the money but the 100 gr win. power points shot the expected 2" lower but also an unexpected 2" to the left. same size group just left. anyway it seems to be going in the right direction so i'll pull it apart and cut the stock down and send that scope off. my son better not miss when i'm done with all this.

· Under appreciated
93,011 Posts
Sounds good my friend.
I bet your son is a dead-eye like his ol man :)

· Registered
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rat, the middle son is definatly a dead eye the older son has just a smidgen of barney fife in him. :D don't tell him i said that though.:bangin:

· Under appreciated
93,011 Posts
Originally posted by JimH
Rat, the middle son is definatly a dead eye the older son has just a smidgen of barney fife in him. :D don't tell him i said that though.:bangin:
Hey.. barney only needed one bullet also!
I'm guessing that they have BETTER than a good coach.
GL this deer season.. bet you'll have one to remember!

· Registered
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i sent the scope off to be re-furbished at the factory about two weeks ago and got it back today.:banana:
it has a considerable sharper image at 100 yds than it did before. they (Leupold) said the objective lens was actualy loose and out of focus so they fixed it all. while they where at it i asked them to reset the parralex for 100 yds in liew of the factory setting of 150 yds since this scope will be used by my son mostly. they will reset any factory scope to what ever you wish but if it is just a switch for your prefrence they charge you about 30.00 to do it. since this one was indeed messed up and they had to reset it anyway they set it to my preference at no additional charge. so we'll see how it looks at 100 tomorrow but from what i can tell it will be a big improvement in overall sharpness and image clarity. i cut the stock back last week so now the kid is good to go. after i site it in tomorrow while he's at school we'll get out sat and have him blaze away with it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.