Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Leaving for Kansas! Firearms season opens tomorrow...My brother has been out their since Sunday and has been seeing some really nice bucks. He says that the rut is completely over and has even seen some good bucks grouped back up. Anyone else going? Anyone else seeing the same type of activity?

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
wanna take me with u>?!

·
King of the White Ninjas
25,323 Posts
good luck to you....just so you are aware, at least in the Topeka area the rut is not over...at least as of this weekend. Every doe I seen this weekend was locked down by a buck.

With the cold front coming in tonight, tomorrow morning should be good.

·
Confirmed Bachelor
10,482 Posts
I'll be out there bright and early on Saturday morning. Good luck to you guys.

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
i am leaving for kansas tommorrow night at 11pm. will drive all night through to get to where i need to be. i understand that the pairs have been broken up for a good while now and that birds are plentiful this year, maybe the ever elusive triple hatch type numbers. as for deer, doubt the rut is all over, seen one chasing yesterday evening.

·
King of the White Ninjas
25,323 Posts
winger or any of you others who possibly drive through Topeka are more than welcome to crash at our place for some rest if you'd like or anyone that's wants to meet up for a beer I'm always down.

Good luck to you all.

·
Sheeple Herder
396 Posts
I leave for my property in SC KS in 7 hours. Here is my buck from my hunt in 2007.
Photobucket

·
11,357 Posts
WOW what a buck:cheers::cheers: Hope you and everyone else going have more of the same luck:wave::wave::cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
17,011 Posts
[rquote=1493769&tid=104307&author=bowhuntKS]winger or any of you others who possibly drive through Topeka are more than welcome to crash at our place for some rest if you'd like or anyone that's wants to meet up for a beer I'm always down.

Good luck to you all.[/rquote]

down right nice offer. i don't know how close we get to topeka, i know i usually pick up the driving to witchita and then sleep to hays and then drive on up to oberlin, however close that puts us but it's a straight through drive.

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
70,947 Posts
Their Football team stinks...:rof2: Make sure you let em know for us, will ya?:D

·
Confirmed Bachelor
10,482 Posts
[rquote=1493917&tid=104307&author=winger][rquote=1493769&tid=104307&author=bowhuntKS]winger or any of you others who possibly drive through Topeka are more than welcome to crash at our place for some rest if you'd like or anyone that's wants to meet up for a beer I'm always down.

Good luck to you all.[/rquote]

down right nice offer. i don't know how close we get to topeka, i know i usually pick up the driving to witchita and then sleep to hays and then drive on up to oberlin, however close that puts us but it's a straight through drive.[/rquote]

That's a dang haul right there Winger. The two times I've hunted NW KS was in Norton. And I thought I had a long drive from KC. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts