Odd yr at the farm I hunt

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by porkchop, Nov 5, 2010.

1. porkchop

porkchop Active Member

Nov 13, 2007
    Barnhart/Perryville
    I have not had any time to bow hunt this yr but the 2 guys I hunt with have been out almost every weekend. They have only seen one doe and 6 different bucks the whole time they have been out. The reason it's odd for us is that usually we would see a ton of does and maybe one buck. Anyone have a guess on why this might be? I am not complaining, just curious.

2. Bigshooter

Bigshooter Senior Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Moscow Mills
    No idea but could just be warm weather. I had cameras out in September through Mid October on trails and had 6 out 232 pictures that were in the daytime only 6 pictures. If the sign is there the deer are, maybe they figured your buddies out and patterned them? They could be union deer and only work during the week and not on the weekends?

3. Shrapnel

Shrapnel Active Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Imperial MO
    Couldnt possibly have anything to do with unlimited tags on does and protection on bucks through antler restrictions?

4. porkchop

porkchop Active Member

Nov 13, 2007
    Barnhart/Perryville
    The one guy has 4 different stand locations and the other one has 3 and hunt them accordingly, not saying the deer can not pattern them. As far as AR's and unlimited doe tags we don't have that in our county which is Perry. I take that back we do have unlimited for archery.