Obsession Turmoil

Discussion in 'Archery Equipment' started by trailblazer75, Dec 16, 2017.

1. trailblazer75

trailblazer75 Active Member

Jan 14, 2017
    Anybody know anything about it? Found a good deal on one on eBay. Seems like a steal. 350 IBO seems too good to be true at the $600 or less price range. Just looking for someone with a little first hand knowledge, since someone stole my prodigy in November.

2. Dafish

Dafish Senior Member

Nov 24, 2010
    St. Peters
    Not sure if you bought one or not
    The turmoil is a good bow, the only problem is the way the cams are made, it burns through strings fairly quickly, whether name brand or generic strings. Obsession knows about the problem an has maybe corrected it for the 2018 bows.
    Some strings makers like 60X try to make the servings around the cams better but still the servings wear out...
    I almost pulled the string on one when they first came out last April until I heard all the guys having string problems...

Go to archery talk, then specific manufacturers then scroll thru the ones listed as Turmoil.

trailblazer75 likes this.

3. trailblazer75

trailblazer75 Active Member

Jan 14, 2017
    Thanks for the input! I was trying to buy one on eBay for a bit. It wound up selling for $290! I'm kinda kicking myself cause it was new. At that price it would've been worth replacing the strings. How quickly do they were out? I'm shooting maybe 200-300 arrows a week during the off season and then I slow down a little during deer season and through the winter.

4. Dafish

Dafish Senior Member

Nov 24, 2010
    St. Peters
    Guys on Archery talk were saying the servings were seperating after 300-500 shots. The problem is on the lower cam lobe, causes serving seperation, seem like new customer strings may help. Shooting 350IBO, something has to give..

here is a link to one of the discussions
    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=4943153

there is also an older discussion on this issue
    here is a link to a turmoil review plus other bows

http://compoundbowchoice.com/brands/obsession/turmoil/review/
    2018 Turmoil is called Turmoil RZ, they corrected the cam issue

I almost pulled the string on a Obsession K34, my only issue is most of the Obsession bows are cam specific on draw length and I do not have a bow shop near me to have cams in stock to get the correct one.
    On my PSE I set the draw length for what my old bow(Strother) was at, could not hit squat. I found out by watching a tv huntin show my draw was to long. Took less then 5 minutes to shorten it and made a world of difference.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
  5. Gerald Garrou

Gerald Garrou Member

Dec 4, 2017
    I purchased a obsession defcon 6 last year and love it. It is so much nicer then the 2 Mathews I have owned a drenalin and creed. It is by far the fastest, smoothest bow I have ever shot. The defcon ibo was 367 fps.

6. Dafish

Dafish Senior Member

Nov 24, 2010
    St. Peters
    They just came out with the Turmoil RZ,
    corrected the serving issue, better cams, adjustable draw length with out a bow press and just as fast, New $650