NWTF Banquet...

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting General' started by FiremanBrad, Apr 25, 2006.

1. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Hi ya'll...The Saline County Strutters 1st annual National Wild Turkey Banquet is set for Friday, May 19....Let me know if you want a ticket!!! A single ticket is $40, and a couples ticket is $55. Buying a ticket also gets you a membership to NWTF. There is also a sponser ticket, and a jakes ticket, will have to check the price for ya tomorrow...Going to have good food, spirits, and fun...There will be raffles, a silent auction, and a live auction. There are several guns, and some really awesome artwork....This is our first banquet, come help us out and have some fun!!!

2. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    TTU friday fireman.. sounds like a hoot!

3. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    since this is your first one you know it is customary for the NWTF banquets to have an open bar right!!!!!:D

4. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

We talked about just this very thing in our meeting last night, and as of right now, it is OPEN!!!! I'm thinkin I might just be the bartender too!!!

5. r2ahunter

r2ahunter New Member

Dec 6, 2005
    down on the farm
    Yikes, your doing the bartending......I'm thinking there will be alot of headaches on the following morning.:wink4:

6. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    what........ did i hear open bar :dancin:

7. Snowflake

Snowflake New Member

Nov 16, 2005
    Fireman -

As an NWTF Banquet Chairman myself, you will be impressed with the banquet package the NWTF has to offer.

On the bar situation, we charge $5 for a bottomless cup. Then we give the person a ticket for a chance at a print, or another prize on the "Cup Raffle".

We make enough off the cup raffle at our banquet to pay for the liquor for the night. It's amazing how many folks like Crown Royal!!!

Good Luck with the Banquet.

8. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Thanks Snowflake, good idea on the cup!!!

9. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    fireman, they've got NWTF cups to use too! Its a keepsake that some folks will buy even if they don't drink.

Parker

10. Vector

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    Sent you a U2U too fireman.

Parker

11. Vector

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    At the Carrollton banquet a couple months ago, there was one drawing where there was a very limited amount of tickets for the drawing, and the winning ticket was on the 'around the world' game, so then they had to draw for around the world to see who won the gun! It was really a cool deal! :D

Parker

12. Snowflake

Snowflake New Member

Nov 16, 2005
    Fireman, who is your regional rep for the NWTF?

They have some really great ideas for games, etc...

That's their job to make your banquet as successful as possible.

13. Wooddust

Wooddust Active Member

Jul 26, 2003
    Make sure you take off all the "Made in China" stickers...that will take quite a while...

14. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

I can't remember the guys name...he is from Columbia I believe....

15. Snowflake

Snowflake New Member

Nov 16, 2005
    Travis Scott by chance?

16. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Travis Scott it is!!!! Should be a good time, come on up!!!