Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Gentry County, NE KS
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my kid is bass fishing nuts and we have two feet of snow on two feet of ice here. We are probably headed to the shack in NW MO next weekend. What are your best bass baits for early and cold pond fishing?? Probably minutes after ice out.

What the heck, i like crappies so throw in that info too!

· Registered
8,049 Posts
Warm day. Bank with the wind blowing into it. Crappie- Bobby Garland baby shad in chartreuse and grey.
Bass, slow roll a white spinner bait. If it’s still to cold for that toss out a black plastic worm.

Reactions: seth_turner_04

· Registered
13,104 Posts
A white or white & chartreuse tandem spinnerbait is a great choice.It's always been amazing to me how early the will eat a Rebel Humpback Minnow as well.
On the crappie in ponds it seems a smaller jig (1/32 or even 1/48) under a very small float barely being moved is the ticket. The bite can be very subtle.

1,624 Posts
I like slow moving/suspending jerkbaits (like a rouge) when water is chilly. Firetiger and clown are great colors. Plastic jerkbaits like flukes are also solid, I like the pearl color.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.