Now, let's see....

Discussion in 'Politics ......... (OPT IN)' started by knockemdeadd, May 27, 2009.

1. knockemdeadd

knockemdeadd Active Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    how long that offensive avatar stays up:pop:

2. 67Firebird

67Firebird Chicken Man

You're a :stirpot: today. :toilet:

3. Big L

Big L Trapper Groupie

Aug 8, 2008
    Bonne Terre
    hes in pretty tight ;),Mr B got scolded for his a while back from what I understand

4. marshallgrn

marshallgrn New Member

Apr 20, 2008
    in hiding
    [rquote=1276566&tid=89347&author=knockemdeadd]how long that offensive avatar stays up:pop:[/rquote]

well the boss approved it so i guess its up to reb to see how long he wants to keep it there, just saying

5. knockemdeadd

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    [rquote=1276570&tid=89347&author=marshallgrn][rquote=1276566&tid=89347&author=knockemdeadd]how long that offensive avatar stays up:pop:[/rquote]

well the boss approved it so i guess its up to reb to see how long he wants to keep it there, just saying[/rquote]

thats funny, the boss approved it:rof2:

i guess we'll see...:pop:

6. marshallgrn

marshallgrn New Member

Apr 20, 2008
    in hiding
    its not offensive to me one bit, and since MO. voted republican wouldnt be offensive to most missourians unless of course your from one of the big cities

7. racks-n-beards

racks-n-beards Chiefs FANatic

"Then hostilities will begin in earnest, partisan warfare, politics as blood sport, all that matters is that our side wins, at every level, all the marbles - executive, legislative, and judicial.

When it's over, all the eminent talking heads will wax eloquent, telling us that now, with a new president elected, America and Americans, Democrat and Republican, will once again return to the great tradition of unity, binding up their differences to work together for the common good.

It might have sounded comforting coming from a network anchor a quarter of a century ago or more, but to hear it today is to wonder what weed the speaker is smoking and where he got it. In case you haven't noticed, the toxin of partisan politics that was once trapped inside the asylum on the Potomac and bottled up in a few other political hot spots around the country has suddenly been pumped, undiluted, into the national vein.

Cable news, much of it political and almost all of that partisan; talk radio, some of it virulent; the graceless decline of network news, until it stood undisguised, naked and seemingly unashamed in its ideological partiality; and major metropolitan newspapers, too many of which have given up the ghost of objectivity in their reporting to become obvious and open house organs for political parties - these were the forces that pushed the plunger on the syringe.

Having been flushed from our lives of political indolence, we suddenly discover that it is no longer possible to cast a vote and run for the sidelines. So we choose up sides, pin on labels - conservative or liberal, Democrat or Republican - and become emotionally invested in the only thing that is important: winning.

And of course the contest, as always, is all or nothing, a tug-of-war to see if we can rip the nation down the middle.

I watch the silent happy-warrior faces on the screen and wonder. In the age of e-mail and the Internet blogger, how long can we survive before those at the lunatic edges drag us all to a future where differences in politics and social ideology are settled Beirut style?"

Shadow of Power by Steve Martini

8. Big L

Big L Trapper Groupie

Aug 8, 2008
    Bonne Terre
    Found in dictionary
    Well i dont know about the rest of you but to me moon cricket is a game, namely cricket that is played after dark, usually on the beach and usually while drunk
    shouldnt bother anyone everybody loves to play cricket

9. atdalake

atdalake New Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Missouri
    [rquote=1276575&tid=89347&author=looking_for_guns]WHO CARES????????????

:cheers:[/rquote]

Uh, if this site is touted as a family/kid friendly site, we should all care that members are using racial slurs. Does this site allow use of the "N" word....allow use of KKK symbols, etc?

Doesn't make no difference to me. IMO it says more about the person that uses it than anything, but as a self-proclaimed family-friendly site I think it would/should be a big concern to the owners/administrators and those of us that like to visit.

Just sayin'.....

10. Pastor

Pastor Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2008
    Leadwood.
    [rquote=1276579&tid=89347&author=atdalake][rquote=1276575&tid=89347&author=looking_for_guns]WHO CARES????????????

Uh, if this site is touted as a family/kid friendly site, we should all care that members are using racial slurs. Does this site allow use of the "N" word....allow use of KKK symbols, etc?

Doesn't make no difference to me. IMO it says more about the person that uses it than anything, but as a self-proclaimed family-friendly site I think it would/should be a big concern to the owners/administrators and those of us that like to visit.

Just sayin'.....[/rquote]

this kind of stuff will never convince anyone of another race to try our sport. and that is a shame.

11. [rquote=1276579&tid=89347&author=atdalake][rquote=1276575&tid=89347&author=looking_for_guns]WHO CARES????????????

I personally have no problem with it being used because those kind can call us honkies, crackers, and other name but the moment we call them something like that they are crying to the police about racial crimes

So screw it

just sayin.......

12. atdalake

atdalake New Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Missouri
    So in your world, 2 wrongs does make a right. Good philosophy.....

13. No I believe that when the got they freedom back in the 1800's that is when they should have stopped crying.

They wanted to be equals now they are above and beyond use with everything they have been handed.

:cheers:

14. knockemdeadd

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    [rquote=1276584&tid=89347&author=Pastor][rquote=1276579&tid=89347&author=atdalake][rquote=1276575&tid=89347&author=looking_for_guns]WHO CARES????????????

this kind of stuff will never convince anyone of another race to try our sport. and that is a shame.[/rquote]

well said Pastor....

the "racist" part doesnt bother me as much as the attack on the "office".

neither is acceptable....not here, anyways

15. knockemdeadd

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    [rquote=1276604&tid=89347&author=looking_for_guns]No I believe that when the got they freedom back in the 1800's that is when they should have stopped crying.

They wanted to be equals now they are above and beyond use with everything they have been handed.

simply not true, LFG.

16. Okay Knockemdead that is why they call the NAACP in when they want a job that they are not qualified for and get it over a white man or woman that is a hell of alot more qualified for it

:cheers:

17. Gakic24

Gakic24 Well-Known Member

Wonder when this thread will be locked or moved to politics? :roll2:

18. Ghost Hunter

Ghost Hunter Active Member

Jan 3, 2003
    Durn you reb-the post padder is silent on this one

:rof2:

19. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

[rquote=1276615&tid=89347&author=Gakic24]Wonder when this thread will be locked or moved to politics? :roll2:[/rquote]

Another countdown perhaps!!!:pop: