Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I know you\'re not going to believe this....BUT

While me and two other guys were dove hunting yesterday evening, we had one zoom in low, and the guy all the way on the right smacked it. It couldn't have been 15 feet in the air. We were sitting in a line, and me and this guy were about 20 yards apart.

Well, this dove was flying sideways dead (not FALLING). While I was sitting in my foldout chair, I stuck my trigger finger hand up, and CAUGHT the dead dove out of the air! :eek: WHOA! It stuck in my hand, and feathers went all over my face.

We couldn't believe it! We were laughing earlier about how close dead birds were coming to landing on my mojo dove.

I just said "coming down the line!" Tossed it to the middle guy, and he tossed it to the guy that shot it! :D

I AM NOT KIDDING ABOUT THIS! Baseball is a good thing! :D

Parker

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Sounds like you should have had a camera running! :eek:

I believe you though... :wave:

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
NICE catch Parker! :wink4:

Once when I was a kid, someone, I don't remember who it was, maybe it was Scout1 over on the Cafe (but coulda been someone else) had a goose come down and land in the corner of his game bag. When it did it ripped the game bag right off his vest. Wonder he wasn't hurt. :rotfl:

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We smoked 'em today too. Got our two limits and back to the truck in less than an hour. It was the best shoot I've ever had.

I got my first double on doves too! :D And no fluttering over the mojo, these were fly-by's.

Parker

·
Registered
131 Posts
Parker

did you spike your coffee, that morn ? lol, just kidding. Well to ole vets this won't sound too unusual but opening day we had b-b's falling on our camper, and later i had them dropping on my hat and shoulder, and around me,lol. This year was only my third year ever for doves and thot the limit was impossible, cept for seasoned vets,lol. Hope my health allows me another season as its a blast. ha ha :sniper:

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Way to go Parker..........Great to see ya River....:wave:

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by River
did you spike your coffee, that morn ?
:D mmmmmmmmmMAYBE! I don't drink coffee, but it could've been a Red Bull! :D

Hunting slowed down a LOT come Sunday evening. I was only able to bag 6 then. I'm done with them for the season.

Gotta wear them safety glasses while you're out there in the field, that's for sure!

Parker

·
Registered
70,470 Posts
Story Time Boys and Girls.......Just north of Otterville I had a picked corn field that the doves were hitting hard. Just to the East of the field there was a hedge row that was at least a mile long. In the morning the doves would come off the roost in the hedge row and would follow the row to the corn field. I'd sit at the end of the row just barely inside the corn field on my bucket and bust them coming at me. If I placed my shots just right they would fall within catching distance of me. Not to much looking for downed birds at this spot. Sometimes I'd get a double and would have to dodge the first bird while shooting the second. And they lived happily everafter. End of Story Time. Congrats on the double Parker. Ain't it FUN!!:eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.