Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Great White Buffalo @*%!
10,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well...today is my first day back in civilization since November 18th and what an amazing 2+ weeks I've had. My brother was down for the MO firearms opener and was able to harvest a good buck and 2 does off our KC farm during the first two days of the season.
[file]82364[/file]

My bro took off early Sunday afternoon to get back to MN and I headed back to the farm for a rainy afternoon sit in a cedar ground blind I built prior to the season starting. I had seen 14 deer opening day in the blind, but nothing I wanted to shoot. Around 4:30pm I was absolutely shocked when I heard a sound right behind me only to turn and see a buck jumping the fence into my blind. He literally knocked the right side of my blind over when he landed (not more than 3ft from me). He took two steps before realizing something wasn't right and bounded into the field. I knew he wasn't the biggest deer in the woods, but since he was just in the blind with me "literally" and it was my last day to hunt MO before leaving for Montana I elected to shoot him.
[file]82365[/file]

I left on 11/17 for Montana and after two days of scouting and looking for a good mule deer buck, we spotted this joker pushing a group of does into an old railroad track bed. We drove around to the opposite end of the old track bed and started up it the other way. After 200yrds or so I spotted the first doe coming around a bend in the track bed. None of the deer knew we where there and they continued right at us. When the lead doe finally realized something wasn't right they has closed inside 75yrds of my position. The buck was now standing next to the lead doe and I dropped the hammer on him. He rocked back on his hind quarters and it was lights out. He was a mature 4 1/2 year old buck (aged by FWD agent) and was the biggest mulley I saw all week.
[file]82366[/file]
[file]82367[/file]
[file]82368[/file]
We also experienced some of the finest pheasant hunting north America has to offer. We shot 46 roosters as well as huns, and sage grouse.
[file]82369[/file]
[file]82370[/file]

Last Tuesday I was also able to fill my MT whitetail doe tag. She was bedded with a mature 10pnt that I literally had to run off of her before she stood up out of her bed.
[file]82371[/file]

I was lucky enough to finish off my trip and amazing November by harvesting a nice MO doe at our KC farm last night.
[file]82372[/file]

·
Preferred pronoun-Stud Muffin
10,631 Posts
Have you bought your lottery ticket yet?
:eek::
Truly one to remember.

·
Grrrrrrr
29,951 Posts
Wow...great November for sure.

How wide is that mule deer....his body is huge as well.

Congrats.

·
11,357 Posts
Looks like you got to do A LOT of hunting in November and were successful doing it. Way to go and thanks for sharing:cheers::cheers:

·
Great White Buffalo @*%!
10,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
[rquote=1496933&tid=104483&author=archer66]Wow...great November for sure.

How wide is that mule deer....his body is huge as well.

Congrats.[/rquote]

23" wide and 29" tall, he field dressed out at 256lbs on a certified scale. The agent who aged him guessed his live weight around 300-315lbs. He was a horse for sure! Luckily we were able to drive the truck right up to him :woot:

·
PURE KILLER
38,020 Posts

·
Registered
17,090 Posts
That's a lot of meat! Congrats on some great hunts.

I'm not mulie expert, but that looks like a pretty darn good one.

[Edited on 12-4-2009 by HabitatMD]

·
Registered
8,513 Posts

1 - 20 of 22 Posts