Windjammer
Primer Black over white
Rear full security lock box

Attachments

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is a blast, I just worry about it though every time hail comes. Vinyl tops just do not hold up to rock ice!

·
Registered
42,108 Posts
nicholas.. looks good..

a few questions...

Is all the driveline stock, ie motor, tranny, t case, axles.. and in the axles the gears stock? got any lockers?

Rust.. is there any?? Fenderwells, floorboards... etc..

Hows she drive?

The top, its aftermarket.. which one is it? And do you have hard doors or just the soft doors?

Im looking to get another toy to build...

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My bro builds these as pre runners for Terrible Herbst out of Vegas, they are fun and he only builds CJs. Hard top came off 13 years ago when I got it and I have no clue as to location of it or doors, which I am told are worth $1000.00 now! BestTop mfg of all tops except for hunter web on top, custom made that one! Light rust from days running on the beach in SoCal, can be worked out no problem in dooor runner area. Drives great, kept it all stock. It is a great toy to build, it is just that I have a two car garage, and it has a Grand Cherokee Limited, loaded, and F150 Super Cab in it now. I DO NOT want to sell it but like unused firearms, what good is it to me when someone else could be out there having fun with it.....

·
Registered
42,108 Posts
Right on man... CJ's are a good jeep.. iffin i can talk the boss (wife) into it, itll put 5 jeeps in my stable currently...

usually w/ the autos, they end up having the quadratrac transfer case.. which, really doesnt have a low gear in it and is full time 4x4.. is this the quadra?? or?? Which side is the drop up front, passenger or driver??

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I road raced for Kawasaki West when I lived in SoCal during the 1980/81 season on KZ 550s and KZ 1000s against the likes of Eddie Lawson. I would do it but my wife would kick my arss, :horse: It is enough that I am looking to get a hog right now, soft tail.

·
Under appreciated
91,780 Posts
Originally posted by Lynette
I'll trade you my 2001 Ninja 500 for it.
Ninja for sale lynette??

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It does have 4x low and high with manual locking hubs. I am not sure what you mean about the drop!

Found this on a web site;

And for the first time ever, an automatic transmission was available for a CJ. This automatic transmission was coupled to a full-time four wheel drive transfer case called Quadratrac.

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
if only it wasn't a auto:frown:

·
Registered
42,108 Posts
Originally posted by Nicholas
It does have 4x low and high with manual locking hubs. I am not sure what you mean about the drop!

Found this on a web site;

And for the first time ever, an automatic transmission was available for a CJ. This automatic transmission was coupled to a full-time four wheel drive transfer case called Quadratrac.
Right on.. when i was referring to the "drop" up front, the front axle.. which side is the "pumpkin- the large oval that holds the gears" on.. drives side or the passengers side> And the rear axle, is it real round oval ish?

Thank for the info on the t-case... im gonna try to swing some cash and buy it.. being im a jeep nut.. i need anuther jeep.. although, to me the quadratrac t-case is "worthless".. and dont take that wrong, just what ill use it for, ill have to change er..

:cheers:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.