Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
17,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rat's thread got me thinkin and instead of hi-jacking his thread I would just make my own. If one were to upgrade his trigger to a RRA or any other. Are they easy to install yourself or does someone else need to do it?:cheers:

[Edited on 12-17-2009 by hun10]

·
Registered
713 Posts
Haven't done it myself, but from what I understand it's pretty easy to install. I have a stripped lower that I am debating what trigger to put in it. Been thinking the RRA.....

·
17,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[rquote=1513739&tid=105574&author=Big H] Haven't done it myself, but from what I understand it's pretty easy to install. I have a stripped lower that I am debating what trigger to put in it. Been thinking the RRA.....[/rquote]

Me too. :cheers::pop:

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
I like me RRA 2 stage. I shot a stock S&W m&p, and a Colt Hbar this past weekend....Compared to those 2, the RRA is good stuff.:wave:

·
17,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[rquote=1513762&tid=105574&author=FiremanBrad]I like me RRA 2 stage. I shot a stock S&W m&p, and a Colt Hbar this past weekend....Compared to those 2, the RRA is good stuff.:wave:[/rquote]

Did someone install yours for you?:pop:

·
17,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
[rquote=1513769&tid=105574&author=FiremanBrad]Yes, the Stag guy in columbia that I told you about.:wave:[/rquote]

Wonder if he could help me even though Im not gonna buy from him?

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
73,034 Posts
Midway sells a video on complete AR-15 maintenance....

Knowing Larry Potterfield.... I am sure it is quite thorough.....:thinking:

Been thinkin about buying it myself. But, youtube may already have a good video, maybe even from him... On replacing an AR trigger.....:thinking:

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
[rquote=1513772&tid=105574&author=hun10][rquote=1513769&tid=105574&author=FiremanBrad]Yes, the Stag guy in columbia that I told you about.:wave:[/rquote]

Wonder if he could help me even though Im not gonna buy from him?[/rquote]

I will get his # for ya!!!:wave:

·
19,584 Posts
With all the choices available, it makes my head spin...

My Bushmaster Camo Predator came with a 2-stage competition trigger, so I'm sticking with it (which is one reason why I chose it over the Remington R-25).

On the other hand, my other 2 AR's (Olympic Arms CAR-15 & DPMS AR-10) have stock single-stage triggers...:thinking:

I wish you'd make up your mind already, Hun10...you've got me thinking about these things too much lately! :rof2:

·
17,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
[rquote=1513799&tid=105574&author=FiremanBrad][rquote=1513772&tid=105574&author=hun10][rquote=1513769&tid=105574&author=FiremanBrad]Yes, the Stag guy in columbia that I told you about.:wave:[/rquote]

Wonder if he could help me even though Im not gonna buy from him?[/rquote]

I will get his # for ya!!!:wave:[/rquote]

No better resource in the world than right here on MWT!:woot:

Thanks FiremanBrad:trophy:

·
17,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
[rquote=1513801&tid=105574&author=Chairman]With all the choices available, it makes my head spin...

My Bushmaster Camo Predator came with a 2-stage competition trigger, so I'm sticking with it (which is one reason why I chose it over the Remington R-25).

On the other hand, my other 2 AR's (Olympic Arms CAR-15 & DPMS AR-10) have stock single-stage triggers...:thinking:

I wish you'd make up your mind already, Hun10...you've got me thinking about these things too much lately! :rof2:[/rquote]

:D Sorry :D

·
19,584 Posts
[rquote=1513776&tid=105574&author=callaojoe]Midway sells a video on complete AR-15 maintenance....

Been thinkin about buying it myself. But, youtube may already have a good video, maybe even from him... On replacing an AR trigger.....:thinking:[/rquote]

I've got some AGI DVD's that are more-than-likely very similar, that I'd let you borrow. :whistle:

PLUS...I am needing a pony-express from someone in the Macon County area, to Henry County (or close proximity).

Hmmm...2-way street. :D

·
19,584 Posts
[rquote=1513808&tid=105574&author=hun10][rquote=1513801&tid=105574&author=Chairman]

I wish you'd make up your mind already, Hun10...you've got me thinking about these things too much lately! :rof2:[/rquote]

:D Sorry :D[/rquote]

No need to apologize...to me, anyways.

Now the wife...that may be another story. :scared:

:rof2:

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
73,034 Posts
OK,

Brownell's has a video on installing the RRA 2 stage trigger.:2thumbsup:

·
17,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
[rquote=1513820&tid=105574&author=Chairman][rquote=1513808&tid=105574&author=hun10][rquote=1513801&tid=105574&author=Chairman]

:D Sorry :D[/rquote]

No need to apologize...to me, anyways.

Now the wife...that may be another story. :scared:

:rof2:[/rquote]

Na....she's a goodin and as long as its with my money that I saved its all good. We got a good system worked out. I don't even have to ask her.:trophy:

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
73,034 Posts
Installing the Chip McCormack trigger assembly...... Even easier....

·
Banned
11,330 Posts
For a fighting gun it's not a good idea to use these aftermarket triggers. I have read story after story about them breaking. There's a reason the military doesn't mess with them. Don't fix what ain't broke. For a bench rest shooter trying to shoot sub moa groups, than yeah, go for it.

Heres a clip from an awesome set of DVD's I watched over the weekend.
It's on gear choices.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.