Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Heck yeah! That is a dandy. We caught several walleye this past winter on the Osage along with some white bass. Had several meals of walleye, sucker and white bass together. While walleye is delicious, I don't see where it's much if any better than a panfish, flathead, sucker, or white/hybrid bass when fried. The "steakier" fillets are better if you want to grill or bake the fish though.
I like all kinds of fish including whitebass. Not sure why everyone gives them a bad rap. Buy IMO nothing except saltwater fish compares to walleye.

·
Don't mind me
10,021 Posts
Heck yeah! That is a dandy. We caught several walleye this past winter on the Osage along with some white bass. Had several meals of walleye, sucker and white bass together. While walleye is delicious, I don't see where it's much if any better than a panfish, flathead, sucker, or white/hybrid bass when fried. The "steakier" fillets are better if you want to grill or bake the fish though.
Agreed. I caught a nice walleye out of LOZ this spring and the little bass we ate out of my dads pond the other day were undoubtedly better than the walleye.

·
Full Fledged Member
4,916 Posts
Never had the pleasure of eating walleye.I measure all fish against crappie so where does it rank up next to crappie as far as being a good eat?
Oh it's TERRIBLE, if you ever catch one, i'll take it and spare you the horror :D

I caught my pb last fall up in Iowa, 5.5lb 26"er on a bobby garland, heck of a ride! Only a few dinks here and there at LOTO.
@PHhunter what lake?

·
Registered
7,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Oh it's TERRIBLE, if you ever catch one, i'll take it and spare you the horror :D

I caught my pb last fall up in Iowa, 5.5lb 26"er on a bobby garland, heck of a ride! Only a few dinks here and there at LOTO.
@PHhunter what lake?
Stockton

Reactions: jehrbo
21 - 26 of 26 Posts