Not sure if this goes here, but it should get most view here

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by bowhunter8, Nov 3, 2010.

1. bowhunter8

bowhunter8 Senior Member

Jan 24, 2006
    county, MO
    I am boycotting Cabelas going on 3 years... But they do a great thing for Police, Fire, EMS, and Military with the Hometown Heroes event. You get the employee discount on anything you buy. NOVEMBER 11 and 12 2010 for the KC, KS location.

Generally Cabelas brand clothes and boots are 40% off, other brands are 10% off. Guns, ammo, and bows dont apply, bargain cave is 20% off the bargain cave price, and other items are generally 10-30% off.

So pass this along to any fellow police, fire, ems, military if they need gear... I may drop my boycott and pick up some stuff.

2. Rebel2

Rebel2 New Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    Why boycotting?

3. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    i can't boycott them, it's a love story really. matter of fact, i do believe me new layout will be arriving this month from there. sweet price after on sale and the promotion money taken off. love me some cabelas specials.

4. Rebel2

Rebel2 New Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    I like cabelas as well, a close second to Rogers tho.

what kinda blind u get?

5. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    didn't, picked me up an otter final attack layout boatsky. my kara was on her last leg as i found out after her first outing this year.

6. Rebel2

Rebel2 New Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
  7. bowhunter8

bowhunter8 Senior Member

Jan 24, 2006
    county, MO
    The boycott stems from a non-receipt return issue. Bought an item for like $40. Brought it back a week later after Crackers up in St. Joe gave me the same items free on my new string. Didn't have the receipt so I expected store credit. Now I will preface this with I worked in the archery dept for a while there, so I know how the store works. When you check out, they get your number to track what you purchased, when you purchased, and how much you paid. They can even print a copy receipt. They said that since I didn't have a receipt I get the lowest sale price over the last 12 months. Which was $19.99. I said look it up, print me a copy receipt. They refused. I argued with them for a while and gave up. I got my buddy, Mgr of Archery, to come up front and help once he got in. Then they still caused a stink and said they werent supposed to reprint receipts for returns. Now my bad for not keeping my receipts... but come on. I could walk them through the steps to show when I bought, how much I paid, and reprint the receipt. I prefer Rogers now... Alot closer, hot chicks work there, and no run arounds.

8. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    rogers is a goodun as well. don't think you will beat their customer service. course they are not big box mart either. i've had nothing but good luck with cabelas and bass pro with returns but i am knocking on wood as i say it.

9. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

I need a new wool coat!!!!!:claphands::wave:

10. Wings Fan 19

Wings Fan 19 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Kansas City, MO.
    +3 to Rogers. :wave:
    Good folks and buy local. :cheers:

11. montgohunter

montgohunter New Member

Mar 8, 2010
    St. Charles
    [rquote=1879270&tid=130844&author=bowhunter8]The boycott stems from a non-receipt return issue. Bought an item for like $40. Brought it back a week later after Crackers up in St. Joe gave me the same items free on my new string. Didn't have the receipt so I expected store credit. Now I will preface this with I worked in the archery dept for a while there, so I know how the store works. When you check out, they get your number to track what you purchased, when you purchased, and how much you paid. They can even print a copy receipt. They said that since I didn't have a receipt I get the lowest sale price over the last 12 months. Which was $19.99. I said look it up, print me a copy receipt. They refused. I argued with them for a while and gave up. I got my buddy, Mgr of Archery, to come up front and help once he got in. Then they still caused a stink and said they werent supposed to reprint receipts for returns. Now my bad for not keeping my receipts... but come on. I could walk them through the steps to show when I bought, how much I paid, and reprint the receipt. I prefer Rogers now... Alot closer, hot chicks work there, and no run arounds.[/rquote]

i work at bass pro and its about the same deal...it pretty much comes down to how much you argue and you will pretty much always get your way since "customers are first"! hint for the wise if you wanna return something....i have heard of pairs of jeans coming in full of mud after a mudfest and bass pro still returning it

12. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    [rquote=1879270&tid=130844&author=bowhunter8]The boycott stems from a non-receipt return issue. Bought an item for like $40. Brought it back a week later after Crackers up in St. Joe gave me the same items free on my new string. Didn't have the receipt so I expected store credit. Now I will preface this with I worked in the archery dept for a while there, so I know how the store works. When you check out, they get your number to track what you purchased, when you purchased, and how much you paid. They can even print a copy receipt. They said that since I didn't have a receipt I get the lowest sale price over the last 12 months. Which was $19.99. I said look it up, print me a copy receipt. They refused. I argued with them for a while and gave up. I got my buddy, Mgr of Archery, to come up front and help once he got in. Then they still caused a stink and said they werent supposed to reprint receipts for returns. Now my bad for not keeping my receipts... but come on. I could walk them through the steps to show when I bought, how much I paid, and reprint the receipt. I prefer Rogers now... Alot closer, hot chicks work there, and no run arounds.[/rquote]

Seems like a pretty weak reason to start a boycott to me. You're the one that bought the product to begin with. The upheld their end of the transaction by stocking it & selling it to you. Not their fault you changed your mind & didn't keep the proof of what you paid for it.:cheers:

Attitude sure goes a long ways in how receptive people at service desks are.:whistle: