Featured Not many sheds being found or at least shared?

Discussion in 'Whitetails General' started by 20', Mar 8, 2018.

1. 20'

20' Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2017
    Doesn't seem to be many being found or shared in here? I was out some early and my best spots didn't produce, but I haven't been able to get out much the last couple weeks.
  2. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    All the clover seeding I did I figured I'd find a few, however I was wrong. Even seen a group of ten feeding in one of the fields I was seeding. Not sure why but it's a strange year. Only one I found was back in Mid Dec.
    20' likes this.

3. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    Been looking twice now on my little patch of timber....nothing...not even a white flag bounding away. Thinking they are all hanging out on my neighbors picked beanfield. His fields are daily checked by road hunters. :(
  4. badlander

badlander Active Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Looked the last couple weekends and struck out. Still had a forky holding one side 3/1 on camera.
  5. pinwheel

pinwheel Jenny's Lackey

Jun 17, 2006
    middle of nowhere
    What's sad, is I live on my hunting ground & can't even find time to get out & walk it to see if there's any out there. :(
    20' likes this.
  6. Mailman

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    I'd rather put hands on a rack in October or November.....but finding a nice shed gives me hope for the next falls hunting possibilities.
  7. EZRA

EZRA Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2016
    Did a walk last night and eased up to the cut beans and watched 8 shed bucks feed away it was kool, gonna hit there bedding areas soon, it's a pretty tough area to shed hunt since they bed on 5 different farms haha but nice to see it's go time for sure
  8. HEAVY

HEAVY Active Member

Mar 8, 2011
    I have found three. 2 while on the tractor and one fork while walking the woods looking for sheds. I have checked a few times with no successes. Maybe I will find some this weekend while cutting wood.
  9. Mailman

Feb 2, 2005
    Blue Springs Mo
    They should get a ticket for littering. A collection basket should be placed at each food plot. That would make it much easier on this old man....deer just don't have any respect for Seniors. ;)
  10. DCL

DCL Active Member

Feb 15, 2006
    Seen two small bucks in Cole county Tuesday morning. One was packing both sides, the other only had one.....and it was wobbling as he was walking. My kids got to watch this buck walk through the back yard and they were laughing at it because he was shaking his head and rubbing on brush to get the wobbly hood ornament off.
  11. KChunter

KChunter Senior Member

Only looked twice, but found this guy’s matched set. My 6 year old was with me and picked them up, now has them in his room, and wants me to shoot him this fall so he can put the mount in his room. Challenge accepted...
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  12. Bootheel Boy

Bootheel Boy Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2012
    Only found one this year about a month ago. Then trail cameras still showed most bucks still holding onto their antlers. Now the fields have been to wet for me to get around in. Just can’t get the weather and any free time I have to cooperate with each other.
  13. shed 2.jpg shed 1.jpg no much luck here, no fresh ones found yet.
  14. Yahoo

Yahoo Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2008
    St Charles
    I've found 5 so far, starting in January, so I walk.
    20' likes this.
  15. Ringer

Ringer Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Mid MO
    I've only went once but found some older ones during rabbit season and I posted the ones I found on the one time I went this year.
  16. flatlander_

flatlander_ Really? Show me. .

I've found three so far, one single and a matched set.

I checked one of my cameras last night and had a pic of a buck on 2/8 that had lost both sides and a pic of a buck on 2/26 that still had both sides.

Hard to find antlers when they are still carrying them around .
    20' likes this.
  17. 20'

20' Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2017
    agree somewhat, but if I can find a mature bucks sheds on property I hunt, it kinda reassures me how much I don't know about deer and that there is still a chance to kill him next season.
  18. 20'

20' Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2017
    need 3-4 more to hit double digits, I say 3-4 because I am not sure if I am counting the one that MWT found for me in the picture!
  19. Dafish

Dafish Senior Member

Nov 24, 2010
    St. Peters
    I walked part of a large CA last Thursday, saw more people tracks then anything else.
    158Connor likes this.
  20. MightyOaksBeagles

MightyOaksBeagles Member

Oct 25, 2009
    We've found 22 so far from 3 different West central
    counties but, only 4 have been fresh. I saw 5 bucks between last night and this morning 2 of them were missing half.