Not happy with Buck Bomb

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by Satch, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Satch

Satch Senior Member

Aug 5, 2008
    Central MO
    While out hunting this afternoon (Brandon had already killed his beast) I have a 190"+/- Buck (typical size for Crawford County Bucks) come in on the back side of the tree I'm in. No way to get a shot and the buck is getting antsy.

I think to myself, I've got the Buck Bomb here.

Reach into my pack and get the can. Carefully take the lid off and depress the top. Give it a good 3 count and toss.

All this stupid can did was psssssssssssssssssssss. No BOOM, just Psssssssssssssssss.

I was hot! Paid dang near $10 for this thing and all I get is psssssssssssssss.

Why on earth would you call this thing a Buck Bomb?

if i wanted a psssssssssssss, I could've just relieved myself from the tree and probably felt better.

Oh well, guess that's what I should expect for $10 bucks. Maybe next time I'll have a fire going and toss that baby in. bet we might get a boom then.

This is just a heads up to anyone that hopes to salvage a kill with one of these.

Have a great weekend. (by the way, I think the buck was the twin to Brandon's kill earlier to verify it's size:D)

2. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Oak Grove, Missouri
    Uh, I dont think its supposed to make a loud boom like a flash bang, just supposed to release some sort of buck attractant, which is where you get the pssssss sound. Also, I think they are intended to be used "before" you have a deer in range, as a lure to get them there. I stick to Tinks 69 on key wicks, placed at random places to both help attract bucks, lure them to a shooting lane, and to help me with pre-determined distances for shooting. Sucks you missed out on a killer buck though, rut is still coming so maybe then. Chris

3. Should have used the acorn cruncher instead!:D

4. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

Aug 16, 2006
    Oak Grove, Missouri
    Or just yelled "Frag Out" and toss an M-67 fragmentation grenade his way! :rof2: