not a fan of the quickdraw

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Hunting' started by midmowaterfowler, Nov 2, 2010.

1. midmowaterfowler

midmowaterfowler New Member

Jul 26, 2010
    have put in for every possible day not one success, think this system is limiting access to spots

2. I just wish you could check your results! I can't get to my email on my phone, and the website won't let you check them yet. Been trying for 4 hours now!

3. midmowaterfowler

Jul 26, 2010
    it should be on the wedsite by now, but i know that in 14 days drawin against 300 people at the worst i would get in at lest once, and the worst part is i live 4 miles for eagles bluff!!!!!!!! and they are completely limiting my access to a place that would be sooooo easy for me to get too

4. Yahoo

Yahoo Active Member

Sep 27, 2008
    St Charles
    They turn off the computers from like 3 or 4 pm to like midnight on the nights of the drawing, so you should be able to check now I would think.

Guys, its the mdc, they aren't here to help you kill ducks.

5. Its open to put in for next tues, wed, thurs, but the link to check results says its closed.

6. midmowaterfowler

Jul 26, 2010
    ya kind of figured that, guess ill just have to fork over the money on more leases for next season

7. Got put in for tues, wed, thurs of next week, but big suprise, not drawn for sat, sun, or monday of this coming weekend! Gotta love Mostly Duck Control!

8. midmowaterfowler

Jul 26, 2010
    ya duck control is right, this is system is dumb should have left it alone, it just allows all the lazy people to sleep in a draw from their computer the system before rewarded the people that actually got out of bed and went to draw and more times than not you would have some success

9. squints1

squints1 New Member

Aug 19, 2008
    Sikeston, MO
    Get used to it boys. From what I hear from my buddy at MDC, it is pretty close to being a done deal state wide next year.

10. I need to start looking for a lease now! anybody in semo got any leads lol

11. STTH

STTH Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2006
    Turd Crick North
    [rquote=1875159&tid=130617&author=midmowaterfowler]have put in for every possible day not one success, think this system is limiting access to spots [/rquote]

X2 I have put my son and myself in for each day no luck

12. Rebel2

Rebel2 New Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    [rquote=1875203&tid=130617&author=greenheadsmoker]I need to start looking for a lease now! anybody in semo got any leads lol [/rquote]

yes :whistle:

13. ASW

ASW Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Wentzville, MO
    Go stand in the poor line if it's so close and convenient to you. There were 11 parties for 4 spots at GP opening day. Jesus boys, those are some good odds. I suspect the local boys will still get a pretty fair shake at this...the out of towners won't drive for what is percieved at a "less of a chance" now in the poor line...but, if I were 10 min away I'd still be there every day. Go scout.....TONS of open places in Mid Mo. I could take you to three or four places that hold ducks. Don't rely on CA's to duck hunt. :soapbox::soapbox:

14. tjmstng68

tjmstng68 New Member

Oct 18, 2006
    Pacific
    [rquote=1875244&tid=130617&author=Rebel][rquote=1875203&tid=130617&author=greenheadsmoker]I need to start looking for a lease now! anybody in semo got any leads lol [/rquote]

yes :whistle:[/rquote]

If I can find the cash this spring....I may just be in the market. cant help but think how nice it would be to have a "good spot to kill ducks" for atleast 1 year.

15. Hooks

Hooks Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Down the bayou
    There is also another possibility you fellas are missing out on: Just forego all the hassle of actually goin to the draw and pony up and hunt whatever pool ya wanna:D:pop:

16. MJO21

MJO21 Active Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Union, MO
    Question: If there is a poor line that means that people who have been drawn are not showing up?

I personally believe that if you are draw you need to be there at least one of the days. Maybe if you do not show you should be penalized form entering the draw for the next___ draws?

17. ASW

ASW Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Wentzville, MO
    [rquote=1875479&tid=130617&author=MJO21]Question: If there is a poor line that means that people who have been drawn are not showing up?

[/rquote]

No. 80% of the spots are QD. 20% plus any QD no shows are poor line.

18. MJO21

MJO21 Active Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Union, MO
    Got it, thanks for the info.

MJO

19. STTH

STTH Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2006
    Turd Crick North
    [rquote=1875419&tid=130617&author=ASW]Go stand in the poor line if it's so close and convenient to you. There were 11 parties for 4 spots at GP [/rquote]

11 parties usually means 44 people drawing for 4 spots. it is every man draws down there.