North Opener - Success

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Hunting' started by tjmstng68, Nov 1, 2010.

1. tjmstng68

tjmstng68 New Member

Oct 18, 2006
    Pacific
    Even a Blind Dog finds a bone occasionally.
    Drove up Friday night, slept in the passenger seat of my buddies truck....or tried to. Started the day by falling and filling up the left side of my wadors. But it wasnt very cold out and after bucketing out a couple hundred gallons of water from the pit blind I was nice and warm....and wet.

By 7am we had birds, landing in the dekes. big groups, small groups. every 30 seconds the question was asked....."how much time till shooting time?" finally 7:10 hit. 15 minutes later we had over 14 teal laying dead. Less than 2 hrs and we had a 4 man limit of teal, shovelers, gadwal, and a female pintail that snuck in there. Only mallards that showed up waiting till we were taking pictures....and of course were happy to come in to 10 yrds before flaring:D
    Awesome opener, very exciting shooting going on. Got a lot of practice on figuring out this new semi with the safety in the wrong spot...or we would have finished a little sooner. :D

Here is me and my buddy, with all the birds and a great 2 yr old dog. very impressive.

[file]145046[/file]

2. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    :eek: OUTSTANDING!

Parker

3. tjmstng68

tjmstng68 New Member

Oct 18, 2006
    Pacific
    I havent hunted with alot of dogs, but I her control when we had birds working was impressive, she held still and just watched. She Never broke early. With the first big rush of birds we shot 7 teal, 5 layed dead in the dekes and she was out chasing the most active cripple. She chased that bird for 5 minutes and finally caught it. Only 2 yrs old, I think that is going to be great dog. was cool to see. I know my friend felt like it was worth the money for his lease when we had all them teal dive bombing our spread. def. worth the lack of sleep Fri night. Awesome hunt that I will remember fora long time. :cheers:

4. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Layed em down... good shootin boys!

5. Rebel2

Rebel2 New Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    Yep mallards in the early season show up later in the mornin.

Good job :cheers:

6. CLIFFHANGER

CLIFFHANGER Active Member

:cheers: Nice for sure:claphands:

7. Joeyman

Joeyman New Member

Feb 29, 2008
    St. Louis Mo
    that looks like alot of fun. bring a video camera next time get some of that shooting on film!

8. knockemdeadd

knockemdeadd New Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    :claphands::claphands::claphands::cheers:

nice TJ, niiiice !!! :bowing: