No birds, but a good view.

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunting General' started by Hoytshooter, Apr 25, 2006.

1. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter Active Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    Finally made it out this morning, couldn't go for the opener. Thought it was going to be a great morning with birds sounding off all over the place. I probably heard a dozen different turkeys gobbling this morning. Just when I thought things were going to get good they all shut up. Bet I didn't hear more than a handful of gobbles after 6:45 this morning. Oh well, maybe this cold snap will kick them in gear in the morning.
    I took the camera this morning in hopes of some strutting action or some deer or something. Only saw one hen and a couple of jakes on the way out. Here's the only picture I took...Just a view out of the blind...

2. Brake

Brake Active Member

Jan 28, 2005
    Livingston Co MO
    sure looks like the turks should have been there:cheers:

3. JMAC

JMAC Senior Member

Aug 31, 2005
    Cole County
    Dude, there's a turk right in front of you! I would have shot him.

4. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    MO
    Well atleaste you had some fun!!
    :cheers::cheers:

5. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    pic looks good.i didn't hear much and for very long this morning,but i'm gonna dress warm for in the morning and hope they fire up,got me first timer going out in the morning hope we have a good time and work some in for a shot.she dropped by tonight and wanted to go and i said sure. i might need someone to get me warm.of course the wife kind of gave me a look.good thing she not he jealous type:rotfl:

6. JackJr

JackJr New Member

Nov 30, 2002
    Land Of BLAHS
    Great looking turkey spot!!:eek:

Jack

7. TOBRYAN

TOBRYAN Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2002
    Liberty, Mo
    sweet looking spot!!!

8. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    awesome pic, looks like a great place...

9. Hoytshooter

Hoytshooter Active Member

Mar 7, 2005
    Small Buck, MO
    Thanks guys...it usually is a great place...not so far this year!
    I've had a hard enough time even seeing feathers let alone one I want to shoot. This weather is horrible...seems like we get it here every freaking turkey season! Tomorrow looks to be the only nice day until next week...maybe some magic will happen!

10. TOBRYAN

TOBRYAN Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2002
    Liberty, Mo
    Hoyt looks like get er done today or tomorrow, rain over the weekend...and we do need the rain!!!

11. BIG OL AL

BIG OL AL New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    High Ridge MO
    I have been waiting all week to go chase some birds. And now they are calling for thunderstorms all weekend so I may not even get to hunt this weekend. I can put up with rain alone, but I don't like being out when it is lightening.
    Anyway HS keep trying. That is a great picture and looks like a really nice setup. Wish I could of been out there with ya! Good Luck!!!!:cheers:

12. Keith

Keith New Member

Dec 13, 2002
    Springfield, MO.
    Fantastic..............:cheers: