Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
5,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No arguing or bickering? What\'s the fun in that?

What is your favorite feature of the bow that you shoot? What, in your mind, sets it above other bows that you have shot? Would you consider shooting something else or do you see yourself as "brand" loyal?

·
Registered
11,973 Posts
Since I don't bow hunt I could just say we don't need a bow season! :peepwall:

How is that jmac?:hysterical:

·
Registered
70,769 Posts
I'm now shooting a Reflex bow that I got real cheap. I couldn't turn down the deal. I would much prefer a Mathews Switchback but don't have the $ right now. Just bought the wife a diamond necklace since it was our anniversary yesterday. I have just enough saved up for paying for my deer mount that should be done in a few weeks. Then I can start saving again for that Mathews. I haven't the slightest idea how much they cost....all I know is that they are supposed to be really great bows. Anyone know how much they cost nowdays? But then again......I want to buy me a muzzleloader too. In my next life I'm coming back rich instead of so good looking. :D

·
Registered
18,249 Posts
Well I can't imagine why anyone would shoot anything but a Mathews with Muzzy broadheads and drive a Chevy truck !

:cool:

·
Registered
12,620 Posts
Originally posted by hunter7x
Well I can't imagine why anyone would shoot anything but a Mathews with Muzzy broadheads and drive a Chevy truck !

:cool:
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: Best laugh I've had today......specially the Chevy truck part....:hysterical::hysterical:

MoBowman ```----------->

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
i shoot a mathews legacy now. why i got a good deal on it. thats the only way i could afford a mathews. the frist one i had may hands on was when the mq32 came out and i knew back then i wanted a mathews it just felt so good.

i ended up gettting used hoyt mtsport for my frist bow loved it and expeced to keep it along time and one day the deal of a life time came along and i got a mathews.

i liked the hoyt and was happy with it but there was no comparing it to the mathews and no way could i go back

the mathews has a very short valley come pared to the hoyt that was the hardest part to get used to for me.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Love my Hoyt Protec. Love the Cam 1/2, the grip and I don't have to worry about limbs blowing up like on some other bows. :peepwall: :rotfl:
Don't like the factory string and the stupid alpha shox that won't stay put and slide down into my cam.

·
Under appreciated
92,881 Posts
I like my bowtech just fine.
I shot Mathews and Hoyt and for me, I just think the bowtech was a better
fit. All are fine bows and that bowtech limb dealy really is the only demon I'm
dealing with. I shot between a Ross and the new hoyt the other day at an indoor
range and I thought my bow was much quieter and a bit faster... course it could just
be how those bows were setup...

Never had the slightest problem with chevy/gmc either.

As a matter of fact, wife and I had to drop by her parents house Sunday
cause they needed a ride. Seems their 99 Ford 1Ton was in the shop for a few
minor things....
replace turbocharger
fix 2 faulty power window motors (2nd time)
fix faulty sideview mirror motor (2nd time)
replace relay associated with pushbutton 4WD. (4WD wouldnt work..at all)
repair engine info display

They had a comfy ride to church in my GMC :D

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,486 Posts
Mathews.....I say my setup is above and beyond in the field because I have a range finder with a left hand trigger on it mounted to my bow. You can guess yardages, but I'd rather kill the deer.

At this point, I am still brand loyal. They don't carry bows big enough for me to shoot in the shops anyways, so I never get to shoot anything else besides my own, which I had special ordered.

Parker

·
5,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Vince, where did you find that bow-mounted range finder? Might want one of those for hunting!

·
Your Local Know It All
7,020 Posts
I shoot Bowtechs because despite the limb issues I have experienced, they are great bows, quiet and smokin fast. I also like the draw cycles of every bowtech I've ever had my hands on. The Bianary cam is the smoothest drawing in my opinion, and yes I've shot Mathews and Hoyt. I have also owned Reflex's, and Fred Bear's. Haven't shot a Ross, but drew one back the other day, didn't like the sloppy back wall. Just my opinion.

BTH

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
got a hoyt v tech getting a mathews switchback XT as soon as i sell my hoyt. Reason for switching is i want a shorter bow and hoyt doesnt have a real short bow. plus the new hoyts dont impress me at all. the mathews feels good so i figure i'll try it.:cheers:

·
5,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
JNH, you'll have to change your avatar. Hart to mistake that Hoyt riser for a Mathews!

BTH, I'll give it to you on Bowtech speed. They are blazing fast for sure! You're probably cheating alittle on your arrow weight to get 336 aren't you? I'm not tryin to offend you, just asking.

Now I'll answer my own question. My main hunting/3D bow is a Parker Hunter-Mag. I bought it before I was really concerned with becoming EXCELLENT at shooting. Knowing what I know now, I probably should have waited. I bought it used and it has been a REALLY good bow for me. I have learned more than I even care to talk about in the last 2 years. It's fairly quick (shoots +/- 390 gr arrows about 270 fps). Fairly forgiving with a decent BH and longer ATA. I would definaltey recommend this bow for a beginner but it just doesn't even compare to the higher end bows. Why?

1) The grip is VERY hard to become comfortable with. Your choices are between some real cheap feeling rubber and a big, bulky walnut grip. I don't like either one of them.

2) Draw length is not easily adjustable. When someone is really trying to take the extra step to perfect their form, they can end up changing their draw SEVERAL times before they get it right.

3) V I B R A T I O N!!! The hand shock on this thing is unbelieveable. I don't really notice it until I shoot a new bow and then go back to shooting the ol' Parker. Feels like it's gonna jump out of my hand!

Those are the main reasons. Other than this, the bow has a smooth draw and shoot where I tell it to.

·
Your Local Know It All
7,020 Posts
jmmcguire ,

I shoot arrows that weight 367 grains finished. I draw 67 lbs on my Black Knight. It does 320, if I crank it up to 70 lbs it will do 330 at a 29 inch draw.

As far as the Pro 40 I have yet to chrono it, plus it's a 60 lber, not a 70 so the speed will be slower. I'm still guessing somewhere around 290-300 fps.

I like the aggressive cams and have trouble shooting anything with more than 65% letoff. I like the tension on my back muscles, and if you hand me something with 80% and a light draw weight, I will be all over the place.

BTH

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.