Nikon prostaff or Sightron 2

Discussion in 'Guns & Ammo' started by Bear, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Bear

Bear New Member

Jan 2, 2005
    If you had a choice, which one and why ?

2. Chairman

Chairman Senior Member

Dec 2, 2002
    Henry County

Nikon Prostaff

Because I already own one, and I wouldn't mind owning a pair of 'em...or more. :D

Clear & crisp optics ~ just the way I like 'em. Which is why I own Nikon binoculars & rangefinders, too.

As far as the Sightron ~ I dunno, I've never looked through one.

3. beanpile

beanpile just a no body

a friend has a Pro staff on his BAR 300 win mag.. I like them a little better than te Leaupolds

4. JimH

JimH Active Member

Nov 6, 2003
    St. Louis
    well if it was a nikon monarch and sightron II i would have to go with the Nikon. but the sightron II is a good scope and has a very good waranty. i know the pro staff is a good dependable scope and i haven't compaired them side by side but i would be willing to bet a cold one that the sightron would edge it out. not enough to upset the optic world and quite frankly most of us wouldn't be able to notice that much. both are good optics with good waranties so i say choose one. go to a place that has both and do a side by side.

5. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Ditto, have 3 of em, two on 50 cal magnum ML'ers, and one on a 300 Weatherby mag...good scopes, well worth the 150 bucks!!!

6. Landlover

Landlover Active Member

Jan 10, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    I have used both and would pick Sightron hands down. I have a 2x7x32mm ProStaff on my CVA Optima and like it but the Sightron II is a clearer scope. IMO it has superior glass and their customer service is great from what I hear. One of the guys I shoot P-dogs out in SD with has them on all of his guns and they are a very high quality glass. However, I don't think you could go wrong with either one.