Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one fish for crappie at night?
I started to avoid boat traffic, but have had good results.
Mainly with jigs, arround lights, no cover needed.

· Registered
647 Posts
I've heard you can submerge a light below your boat and bring 'em to ya. Never tried it though. Has anyone tried this?

Originally posted by farm&hunt
Does any one fish for crappie at night?
I started to avoid boat traffic, but have had good results.
Mainly with jigs, arround lights, no cover needed.

· Registered
70,784 Posts
Because of boat traffic on our local lake the wife and I have tried night fishing for crappie and did alright. We just find a creek channel leading into the main body of the lake and anchor on top of the channel. Then we hang a floating 12 volt headlight on top of the water just alongside the boat. Hook on a minnow and try different depths until we get a bite. If nothing happens for the first 20 minutes or so move your boat to another location. Submerged trees on the creek channel is a plus. Ever so often we would hook into a channel cat or white bass. And by all means make sure you anchor your pole in some way. Ask my wife about that one. $75 rig down the drink. :mad2:

· Registered
129 Posts
I have had some of my best crappie fishin at night. We like to fish below the dam (Mark Twain) If they are running water we usually fish the sides of the bank and offshoots right where the current stops. Right after they stop running water you can catch 'em just about anywhere on jigs. If they aren't bitting real good we light up and old lantern and put it on a platform we rigged on the side of the boat. They usually come right to it. We usually fish with jigs because we have a lot better luck than with minnows. Just vary the colors until we find the hot one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.