Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is my understanding that this buck got tangled in a fence and broke his neck. He was taken to Texas A&M's vet facility where he was to recover. I got this quite a while back and just received it by e-mail again today so I thought I would share the pics.

·
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Last one

·
Under appreciated
89,769 Posts
????

·
Registered
12,625 Posts
That is one awesome buck, but I'am afraid if I would have found him in a fence and broken neck, he'd be hanging on my wall right now:cheers:

MoBowman ```---------->

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,463 Posts
I'd have to think that those photos were taken pretty early on in the process. :confused:

I think it would be wise to cut the antlers off to make sure that no one was injured in caring for the little bugger.....and the dang things weigh a few pounds!

Parker

·
Registered
38,393 Posts
Skeptic that I am, I'm going to say.......yyeeeaaaahhhhh, right.....

Cool pics though!!!

·
6,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I thought about that too Parker, but like MoBowman said, if I had found him I would have just put him out of his misery and given him eternal life on my wall. Or even a full body mount would be worthwhile. One of these days!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
This was taken a few years back. It is real and did happen. The buck died later. Don't remember about what happened to the horns though.

·
Registered
8,319 Posts
Well from what I understand, and have no reason to doubt:
The story is completely real and the buck was completely rehabilitated and was released on some undisclosed public land in Texas...

Amazing buck though!!
:cheers::cheers

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
3 thoughts...
1. Nice gnarly racked buck.
2. I hope the person that took the injured deer in there pays for all the vet/meds/care bills.
3. If that gal was taking care of me, I'm not sure I'd want to get better.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I saw the same pics a few years ago. If I remember correctly, he was being treated at the college vet school, but he was not a wild deer...but the top stud at a private ranch. At least, that was story I heard back then. It makes the most sense, though. I'm sure the owner of THAT buck had to really protect his investment.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Thats another one of them that I guess has been around the world a few times, but I for one have not seen it and enjoyed the pics.

THANKS FOR SHARING!!!!!!:cheers:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts