Nice Buck

Discussion in 'Whitetails General' started by kc704, Feb 13, 2006.

1. kc704

kc704 Senior Member

Dec 9, 2004
    It is my understanding that this buck got tangled in a fence and broke his neck. He was taken to Texas A&M's vet facility where he was to recover. I got this quite a while back and just received it by e-mail again today so I thought I would share the pics.
  2. kc704

kc704 Senior Member

Dec 9, 2004

3. kc704

kc704 Senior Member

Dec 9, 2004
  4. kc704

kc704 Senior Member

Dec 9, 2004
  5. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
  6. MoBowman

MoBowman Active Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    That is one awesome buck, but I'am afraid if I would have found him in a fence and broken neck, he'd be hanging on my wall right now:cheers:

MoBowman ```---------->
  7. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    I'd have to think that those photos were taken pretty early on in the process. :confused:

I think it would be wise to cut the antlers off to make sure that no one was injured in caring for the little bugger.....and the dang things weigh a few pounds!

8. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Skeptic that I am, I'm going to say.......yyeeeaaaahhhhh, right.....

Cool pics though!!!
  9. kc704

kc704 Senior Member

Dec 9, 2004
    I thought about that too Parker, but like MoBowman said, if I had found him I would have just put him out of his misery and given him eternal life on my wall. Or even a full body mount would be worthwhile. One of these days!!
  10. greenbow

greenbow New Member

Jan 27, 2006
    This was taken a few years back. It is real and did happen. The buck died later. Don't remember about what happened to the horns though.
  11. Lefty

Lefty New Member

Jun 29, 2004
    Well from what I understand, and have no reason to doubt:
    The story is completely real and the buck was completely rehabilitated and was released on some undisclosed public land in Texas...

Amazing buck though!!
  12. kcraider21

kcraider21 New Member

Aug 17, 2005
    Belton, MO
  13. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
    3 thoughts...
    1. Nice gnarly racked buck.
    2. I hope the person that took the injured deer in there pays for all the vet/meds/care bills.
    3. If that gal was taking care of me, I'm not sure I'd want to get better.
  14. stinkpickle

stinkpickle New Member

Dec 7, 2004
    I saw the same pics a few years ago. If I remember correctly, he was being treated at the college vet school, but he was not a wild deer...but the top stud at a private ranch. At least, that was story I heard back then. It makes the most sense, though. I'm sure the owner of THAT buck had to really protect his investment.
  15. Thats another one of them that I guess has been around the world a few times, but I for one have not seen it and enjoyed the pics.

THANKS FOR SHARING!!!!!!:cheers: