Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out Thrusday evening to spread some turnip seed in some bare spots that were in the annual plots. To my surprise, they aren't as bare as I'd thought. I did put out a little turnip seed, a couple of pounds total probably, we'll see what happens. All this rain should be nice, hopefully it didn't all wash!
The Milo-Soybean-AWP mix looks good. There aren't many beans. I'm not sure if that is because the deer nipped them off real early or what. The milo is THICK, even though I seeded light! Didn't really look hard for peas. The milo is over the knee and should head out about the time I planned hopefully...hoping it holds off another month or month and a half depending on weather. The beans that are there are just as tall as the milo, just not alot of them.
This is one of the plots on the north end. Annual mix on left and perennial on right. The clover and chicory is starting to make it's comeback. This will be it's first real fall so I can't wait to see it!

[file]7822[/file]

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
South East Plot

This is looking at the southern half which is perennial but you can see a bit of the milo in the foreground. For some reason forgot to get a pic of the other half of this plot!

[file]7823[/file]

·
Banned
81,616 Posts
Keep us posted on the deer activity on your milo. We needed rain,, but we went from dry to 7 inches of rain in the past 13 days.

:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
South West Plot

This is looking from the north. The north half is the annual mix. The far end is my own perennial mix.

[file]7824[/file]

·
Registered
18,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Will do Henry! Can't wait to see it myself!

·
Registered
553 Posts
Looking good this rain will definitely help even if it's all washed down and growing on the lower end:D

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
Looks good hoyt ,I checked mine this morning and beans
are really filling out nicely and the corn is already made
the wheat and mix of chicory, clover and brassica is coming
very good also. alittle rain at the right time sure makes all the difference. Hope your milo makes a good head and the black birds dont find it.
I like the way you have placed your plots I wish I had more
places like that on my place.

Good luck

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
looking good there hoyt,can almost see a big ole buck walking thru it.hey goldtip your gonna have to keep deer off the road.he was almost roadkill tonight,either that or just send him a little further north and i'll take care of him.:dancin:

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Great work there Hoytshooter. I hope that your preparation pays off for you this season.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Hoyt - Great looking food plots -> I'm envious. Mine aren't even close to that green.

I'm glad my clover was already in in the Spring but I think alot of it fried. It could be a lot better if rain was steadier. I planted more clover and chicory and oats over the top last week.

I'm hoping for some tall peas by bow season. I'm trying the turnips this year too so I'm curious to see how far into the winter they make it while the deer munch on them. Haven't tried milo yet. Maybe I'll try sunflowers and milo next year.

Originally posted by henry
Keep us posted on the deer activity on your milo. We needed rain,, but we went from dry to 7 inches of rain in the past 13 days.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.