Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else heard about this??

A friend of mine from KS, who is a very serious hunter along with his entire family, was telling me about a new walking record whitetail. Apparently, for the last few years some guys have been seeing and videoing a giant buck that was on property that they couldn't hunt. Well...supposedly they have this buck on video and there was an article about it. He couldn't remember but thought it was either field and stream, outdoor life, or a KS hunting magazine that published the story.
According to my friend this buck has 27 points on one side, 15 on the other and will go over 300" and challenge the Leuvenstien(sp?) buck for the largest buck ever taken by a hunter if it happens.

Just wondering if anyone else has heard these rumblings...I have searched the internet and can't find anything about it. I'll talk to him again and see if I can get more info and maybe the article.

·
Registered
18,249 Posts
Originally posted by PoisonSnake
NAW, latest issue.
Yep the videos will be on an upcoming North American Whitetail show. I forget which one but will look tonight and let you know.

·
PURE KILLER
38,011 Posts
Originally posted by Keith
I would like to see those video's :eek: [/quot

think we could get permission to hunt there:rotfl:

·
Registered
18,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks guys...has anyone seen pictures or anything, I'm curious about this one

·
Registered
18,249 Posts
There are pictures in this month's North American Whitetail. They're not good ones, they're vid caps, but you can see him pretty good. Big non typical.

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
Originally posted by hunter7x
There are pictures in this month's North American Whitetail. They're not good ones, they're vid caps, but you can see him pretty good. Big non typical.
And let the rumors begin!!! I'd almost bet all the ground in that county will be swarmed by the likes of Jackie Bushman, Bill Jordan and such...I believe sellin that article won't be worth it in the long run!!!JMHO

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Originally posted by fireman_3311
And let the rumors begin!!! I'd almost bet all the ground in that county will be swarmed by the likes of Jackie Bushman, Bill Jordan and such...I believe sellin that article won't be worth it in the long run!!!JMHO

I think you raise a very valid point there.

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
Yea Keith, good example is Albia, Iowa, after the lucky lad killed the big non typical a few years ago...from all the game cam pics, and home video shot of that buck, the price of huntin went up in that neck of the woods!!!

·
VECtor Custom Calls
41,475 Posts
:peepwall: So anyone got any pics.....or would be get in trouble for copywrited stuff? :peepwall:

Parker

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
WHAT?!?!?! I HAVEN'T HEARD OR SEEN ANYTHING ABOUT THIS!!!

SOMEONE PLEASE LET ME SEE A LINK OR AN ARTICLE ABOUT THIS ONE!!!

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
Parker and Lefty, I didn't see anything on their website....Just go pick up the latest edition of NAW at the newstand. Lots of big bucks in this issue, ya won't be dissappointed!!!!

·
Registered
18,249 Posts
I looked on the web page yesterday and didn't finds anything either.

And I forgot to look to see when the show is going to be aired.....:peepwall:

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
I looked on the web page yesterday and didn't finds anything either.

And I forgot to look to see when the show is going to be aired.....:peepwall:
Next time I go sit on the "throne", I'll find out when and report back....hehehe

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
OK, here ya go fellers....Looks like the footage will be on 2006's second episode of North American Whitetail Television: at 6pm Eastern on Tuesday, July 4; at 9:30 pm on Thursday, July 6; and at 8 am on Saturday July 8, all on the Outdoor Channel. And yes, everything came out just fine.....lol

·
Registered
18,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'll have to mark that down so I can watch it...or hopefully someone with a better memory will remind us all when it's comiing up.

I just can't believe that someone out there would see a buck like this several times, video it, know where it lives on private property...then tell the world about it!! Unbelievable!

·
Registered
18,249 Posts
Look at the buck the boy killed last year with ML. I can't begin to spell his name but Lovenstine ? Anyway same deal the whole town and then some knew about that buck.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.