Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought some new cold weather 1600 gram lacrosse waders about 1-2 months ago. Used them for the 3 time on sat., when I took them off I found ALOT of moisture on my leg, quite a bit. definently a leak somewhere:whinging: Not sure If I should call Rogers, Lacrosse, or just try to track the leak. I guess if it is in the seam I should call them and if it is somewhere else it is my falt. With the way I baby my waders this has me fuming.:whinging:

·
17,674 Posts
Maybe contact the company, see if they will replace. LaCrosse seems to be a big enough company to take care of ya. If not, never buy from em again. My .02.:cheers:

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[rquote=1500954&tid=104747&author=hun10]Maybe contact the company, see if they will replace. LaCrosse seems to be a big enough company to take care of ya. If not, never buy from em again. My .02.:cheers:[/rquote]

Yah, I guess I will try to find the leak first, if I can confirm that I didnt unknownly snag it on something, I will go directly to Lacrosse. Dont think it is the sellers problem, right?

·
13,390 Posts
I had a problem with my LaCrosse waders in 1995, I was told to send them to Lacrosse. They returned a new pair that was almost indestuctable, I used them for 12 years... I have them on my boot dryer right now so I can dabb the ugly spots with shoo goo and have them for back up or Muddy field hunts...La Crosse was good to me, but they were canvas and rubber, not neos...

·
Registered
4,569 Posts
I'd take em back to rogers and get them swapped out, your in the middle of duck season. If they can't do that and you have to wait on Lacrosse, let me know. My 5 year old waders are wornout and I am getting some cash for Christmas to buy new. So I am actively shopping.

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[rquote=1500969&tid=104747&author=yahoo]I'd take em back to rogers and get them swapped out, your in the middle of duck season. If they can't do that and you have to wait on Lacrosse, let me know. My 5 year old waders are wornout and I am getting some cash for Christmas to buy new. So I am actively shopping.[/rquote]

I cant take them back to rogers, I would have to ship them. So either way, I may be out the waders this season:whinging:. back to using my cheap canvas 600 grams from previous years, of course now that it is cold enough to want the 1600 grams

·
Registered
9,727 Posts
Tj if we go on thursday I have a pair for you to borrow. They are my back ups. I have been usin my bros cabelas waders,but I have a pair of drake ones that will do ya just fine hause. Don't worry mister.

·
Registered
101 Posts
From what i've heard and read, Lacrosse took a major quality hit when they moved the majority of their production to asia in 2002. That being said, I have a pair of lacrosse waders that I got in 2006 and haven't had one issue with them so far. :shrug:

[Edited on 12-7-2009 by Ranger482]

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
lacrosse has a 1 year warranty on all their waders

You got the receipt still?

Call customer service in the morning and they should get you fixed up. I sent a pair back and they swapped them out no problem.

·
Registered
11,897 Posts
Is it moister from water or is it your legs sweating alot?

I know the day I went duck and goose hunting wiht knockeamdead my whool socks were damp and i dint enter teh water. The 1200 insulated boot along wiht whool socks was to much warmth for my feet i sapose.

·
just one of the idiots talking on MWT, right Red?
8,923 Posts
doubt it's applicable in this case but Winger found out from Lacrosse or Cabelas that neoprene will deteriorate after use/time & begin to weep

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
to much water to be condensation caused moisture, only was in water putting the boat in and out. and I had to many layers for it to be sweat. The wet was on the outside of my wader pants/inside of waders. had to be a leak on the upper hip.

Thanks guys, I guess I will test them out ASAP to see if I can find where the leak is and then start with Rogers, even if they direct me to lacrosse, might be easier to deal with if I can.
Thanks Ducks, I'll probably just were my 600 gram, I hunted some pretty cold days in them before with no problem, that way I dont have to worry about ripping yours.:cheers:

·
13,390 Posts
I have sweated thru my jeans before, you would think the waders leaked but it was me not the boots... If it is localized or much wetter in some areas it may be the boot or...:stirpot::lame::toilet:

[Edited on 12-7-2009 by Skduckhunt]

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
[rquote=1501662&tid=104747&author=Skduckhunt]I have sweated thru my jeans before, you would think the waders leaked but it was me not the boots... If it is localized or much wetter in some areas it may be the boot or...:stirpot::lame::toilet:

[Edited on 12-7-2009 by Skduckhunt][/rquote]

17 degrees, found out why boat will plow through ice:eek:, I dont think I ever got warm enough to sweat, and if so, I doubt it would be located on the outside of my water resistent wader pants. however....I did have to :toilet: a few times, and in that cold weather....I may have missed the ground...:spam::hysterical:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts