Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
you can't get the CVA version in a pistol configuration though can you?

·
Banned
1,048 Posts
Being CVA it will probably have great quality with a reasonable price tag on it.

·
Confirmed Bachelor
10,482 Posts
UC, true a Contender pistol doesn't come in that size, but an Encore pistol does. :cheers:

Say, I was going to ask, did your grandson get his muzzleloader all squared away?

Defintily looking forward to a review of the rifle if you get a chance to shoot it.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is a copy of what was posted on Graybeard as coming from the back page of "Blackpowder Guns & Hunting Magazine":

"CVA has announced that it will soon be shipping its new APEX interchangeable barrel rifle. With this gun, CVA believes that it has duplicated the besr aesthetic and ergonomic features of the best European high grade single shot rifles,and combined them with the no-nonsense performance aspects that American hunters prefer. The APEX can quickly ans easily set up with a wide range of stainless steel,fluted,Bergara barrels in 13 different calibers-including muzzleloader,centerfire,and rimfire. Every APEX features CVA's patent pending E-Z open breeching mechanism,which,due to its trigger guard actuation ,is extremely simple to operate. The APEX's innovative trigger design provides an incredebly clean,crisp pull and is adjustable from 3-5lbs. An ambidextrous synthetic stock sports a high comb specifically designed for the scope shooter and has the new Crush zone ultra recoil pad. Stocks are finished black or Realtree APG camo and Quake Claw sling as standard equip. Also standard is Dura Sight Z-2 Alloyrail mount specifically contoured to match the barrel taper."

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff160/jrkrk/100_0870.jpg is scan done by someone else of that page

None of this was supposed to be announced until the Shot Show but some folks goofed.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Heeler75, pretty much. He hunted a little with it (school activities cut his muzzleloader hunting short) but we need to work on his load a little more. I'm going to switch him to a flatter shooting sabot load. My conicals are a bit heavy for the iron sights on that rifle (and his shoulder). :)

·
Confirmed Bachelor
10,482 Posts
Good deal. I've found in mine the 250gr shockwave is a pretty good saboted round. Shoots pretty flat and not bad on the recoil either.

I'm pretty sure he's just tickled though being able to get out there with you and "let the smoke roll" so to speak. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts