New User Story/Question

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by dafearlesshunter, Nov 6, 2010.

1. dafearlesshunter

dafearlesshunter New Member

Nov 6, 2010
    Big Piney
    I went out this morning and after before daylight i heard at least 3 or 4 around 50 yards in front of me .Then around 8 am i hit my grunt call and i heard something running full speed from about 80 yards away i expected a big buck or something that was looking for a fight but to my surprise i big black hog <around 250-300 pounds> showed itself. I attempted to hit him from around 45 yards but when i shot he backed up about 2-3 feet < i guess thats how they jump a string> so i missed ; ;. I was just wondering if i am archery hunting for deer if i am aloud to take a firearm with me as well so that if i see these pigs i can shoot them. i cannot seem to find on the mdc page the regulations for this

2. knockemdeadd

knockemdeadd New Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    this has come up quite a bit. i think its NOT ok. from what i remember, they are allowing CCW NEXT year ?

someone more in the know will surely chime in.

and oh yeah....:welcome: aboard !! :wave:

3. scooter

scooter New Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Brashear
    You cannot have a firearm on your person when archery hunting.

4. dafearlesshunter

Nov 6, 2010
    Big Piney
    Then im gonna just after go after these pigs after i fill the freezer with deer. I was quite surprised with the size of this hog i would guess somewhere around 300+ which to me is a first i have not seen them much bigger then 150 or so around missouri

5. cash50

cash50 Member

Nov 4, 2009
    St. Chuck
    [rquote=1883030&tid=131150&author=knockemdeadd]this has come up quite a bit. i think its NOT ok. from what i remember, they are allowing CCW NEXT year ?

someone more in the know will surely chime in.

and oh yeah....:welcome: aboard !! :wave:[/rquote]It's such a dumb rule already, and makes no sense. If a guy is gonna kill a deer with a firearm and tag it with an archery tag, he's gonna do it no matter what.

Dafearlesshunter: are you on private land? If we had piggies on my land I'd have my rifle with me when bowhunting to exterminates them.

6. dafearlesshunter

Nov 6, 2010
    Big Piney
    Its on conservation land but rarely hunted besides me and my father in law.

7. Cburrows_tx

Cburrows_tx New Member

Nov 24, 2004
    Lamar Co. Texas
    Are you in south MO?

8. knockemdeadd

knockemdeadd New Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Arnold(St Louis)
    hey, now you got something to do after the season, eh ? :eek::

9. dafearlesshunter