Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
70,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from Cabelas with my new sight for my bow. I looked at all the different ones with all the bells and whistles and came to choose the Team Extreme RT900. It has 4 pins with a diameter of .29. It weighs 4.1 oz. Color is Realtree Hardwoods Green HD. Had to pay full price ($79.99) cause I just couldn't wait another day. I did put it on my Cabelas card so I'll get some points that add up quick. It has over 2 feet of fiber optics. Later I'll get the Purple Haze Light for it for $19.99. I'll put it on tomorrow and go re-sight in one more time. These are a lot brighter pins than my old ones.

[file]7401[/file]

·
Registered
12,626 Posts
Great looking sight there MM. With those fibers running the length of the sight you might want to check em out in low light before you spend the money on the light. I have found that I don't need a light on my sights. Have been able to see my pins in low light but could not make out the deer at 20 yards. I think the sights with the fibers running the length collect more light than the ones that are wrapped around the sight. :cheers:

·
Registered
12,626 Posts
Not the same sight but same general design. I have the Viper Pro Predator with the .019 pins. But this one is very close to the same design, little bigger pins but will be great for hunting. You did good.:cheers:

·
Registered
70,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Let's see.....20 yd pin...check.......33 yd pin...check.........40 yd pin...check.........110yd pin...check. That last one is just to out do Yote:hysterical:

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
MM, looks real good. These new sights are bright in comparison to the older ones.

Jack

·
5,632 Posts
Originally posted by MoBowman
I think the sights with the fibers running the length collect more light than the ones that are wrapped around the sight. :cheers:
I've noticed the same thing on my sites. I have the Tru-Glo something or other and when I turn the light on it makes a halo around the pins when I shoot in low light. Haven't hunted with it yet but I'll be suprised if I need the light. Might hinder more than help.

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
nice lookin site yah got there.but i bet you don't have to a light either.them puppies will be bright enough for full moon hunting.glad you have a 110 yard pin,ain't no reason to be scared of a little distance,but all i have is up to 80,you the man:D

·
Registered
70,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Honestly I'll just have a 20,30 and 40yd pin. Probably take off the 4th pin. I am not comfortable shooting anything past the 40 yard distance. This weather is getting my fever up. Going out this evening to re-sight it in. I know it is much better than my old sight.:eek:

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
That's an awesome looking site Mailman.:cheers:

·
Registered
70,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Got her dialed in on the 20, 30 and 40 yard pins. Played with the 50 but decided to not keep it on the sight. There were 3 other guys at the practice butts sighting in their bows too. We were compairing sight pins and mine were twice as bright as theirs. Yote you were right about not needing a light. They were still bright even after I couldn't see the target anymore. While we were shooting some deer started coming out in the distant field. All total there were 7 grazing in the field about 200 yards away. The first two were does and right behind them there were 5 bucks single file. Nothing huge but about 3 year olds. They were still out there when I left the parking lot. This was at the public range at Lake City range. Sure got my fever up seeing those bucks just standing there waiving those racks around.

·
Registered
70,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the offer DSG but I don't think I need one at all. Only light I need is one to use to track that big boy after I stick him just before dark in 30 days.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.