Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tactacam reveal x came out today....scheels has 9000 cameras in store only....but you can call and order over phone

·
13,436 Posts
Can't find these damn things either.
Scheels has them I think the closest one is Springfield Ill
Gander Mountain and camping World have them and BP and Cabelas has them but word is they are not going to put them on the web or in store until Monday, I would check every few hours though...

per their guy, Gander and Camping world have them marked up and you cannot usee a discount or coupon on them...

fyi
HD download is available on the original reveals. You will need to update the app on your phone. Long press and hold on the photo. It's $5 for 50.

I would wait a while myself, deer season is a long way off

·
Under appreciated
86,796 Posts
I’d feel either dumb or ****ty if I bought a cam that would do all that and it gets stolen.

What’s that thung cost?

·
1,127 Posts
In all reality, the older models are not inferior to these. Using the same app, same triggers speeds, same # of batteries, but with wifi downloading and setting capabilities. New cameras have no on board abilities to change setting or lcd screen. Suppose to be better battery life and trigger speeds with 3000 pics and .5 second trigger speed but that's similar to the older model. Everything is done with your smart device now. I hopefully will buy some of the older models for $50 if the person still wants to sell them to me after getting the newer models. I'll be happy with them too.

·
1,127 Posts
I’d feel either dumb or ****ty if I bought a cam that would do all that and it gets stolen.

What’s that thung cost?
$119-130 depending of where you buy it. Cheap for a cell camera. All mine have a cable lock which just makes em work harder for it.

·
13,436 Posts
Last years version sold for 99 bucks , they say this is supposed to be the same price but if I had a pallet of them i would be charging more...

·
13,436 Posts
I always put a password on mine so the rotten dirtbag who might steal it has a worthless device. Assuming they cannot reset the password somehow.
last year a few people on archery talk forgot their password, the tactacam rep asked to pm their account info and and went in and reset their passwrd. Other wise the perps will need to know your account info

what is funny a few guys came on and said thier cameras stopped working or something like that and the rep came on and said you account is locked due to none payment..... 🤣

·
Senior Hunter
3,294 Posts
Are these that great of a camera. Just a camera and not the cell option? I suppose they can be used as just a regular camera?

·
1,127 Posts
Are these that great of a camera. Just a camera and not the cell option? I suppose they can be used as just a regular camera?
They work good for either purpose. A general game camera or cell camera. I would rather purchase one of these than a browning camera and those have been my favorite in quality and customer service. Tactacam customer service is pretty good. Bought one new and a un-needed update screw the camera up. They paid for my shipping and reflashed the camera and had it sent to me in a week from the time it was mailed out.

·
13,436 Posts
this is where they make their money, the camera itself may be a money loss, but I doubt that since there are others at that same price

Pro Plan
Unlimited

NO ACTIVATION FEES
$120 YEARLY
$10 A MONTH - SAVING OF 23%
$13 MONTHLY
ADDITIONAL
CAMERAS

Monthly: Add a camera for $12 per month
Yearly: Add a camera for $96 per year
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Intermediate Plan
500 Photos (per camera)

NO ACTIVATION FEES
$85 YEARLY
$7.08 A MONTH - SAVING OF 11.5%
$8 MONTHLY
ADDITIONAL
CAMERAS

Monthly: Add a camera for $7.50 per month
Yearly: Add a camera for $75 per year
-------------------------------------------------------------

Starter Plan
250 Photos (per camera)

NO ACTIVATION FEES
$55 YEARLY
$4.58 A MONTH - SAVING OF 8.3%
$5 MONTHLY
ADDITIONAL
CAMERAS

Monthly: Add a camera for $5 per month
Yearly: Add a camera for $55 per year

·
1,127 Posts
this is where they make their money, the camera itself may be a money loss, but I doubt that since there are others at that same price

Pro Plan
Unlimited

NO ACTIVATION FEES
$120 YEARLY
$10 A MONTH - SAVING OF 23%
$13 MONTHLY
ADDITIONAL
CAMERAS

Monthly: Add a camera for $12 per month
Yearly: Add a camera for $96 per year
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Intermediate Plan
500 Photos (per camera)

NO ACTIVATION FEES
$85 YEARLY
$7.08 A MONTH - SAVING OF 11.5%
$8 MONTHLY
ADDITIONAL
CAMERAS

Monthly: Add a camera for $7.50 per month
Yearly: Add a camera for $75 per year
-------------------------------------------------------------

Starter Plan
250 Photos (per camera)

NO ACTIVATION FEES
$55 YEARLY
$4.58 A MONTH - SAVING OF 8.3%
$5 MONTHLY
ADDITIONAL
CAMERAS

Monthly: Add a camera for $5 per month
Yearly: Add a camera for $55 per year
I believe a big chunk of that profit is going to come from HD downloads as that is $5 for 50. At the breakdown, they are making more money per pic sent with that new feature. It's the people who have the money to waste or hunters who don't have the patience to wait for a higher quality pic from the sd card that will pay that. It's a great feature to have available and they are cornering the market with cell cameras.

They are great cameras but getting several will be a big hit to the pocket book with monthly fees and batteries. I made a DIY battery box to use large rechargable batteries and AA as backups.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just ordered 2 of them on Freedom USA sales for $139. They shipped out today and they send you a 10% coupon code for a friend to use on there purchase. Just glad i found some.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts