Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How does officially weighing a fish work when the season isn’t open? Take a picture of your scales with the fish on it and then verify your scales?

·
Super Moderator
25,881 Posts
that thing looks super fat, and non spawn times a 1/4 lb translates to 1", bass wise....as a good estimate...so 7lbs during spawn......

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
73,265 Posts
Looks like a good time for a shore lunch! Congrats to the lucky angler! (y)

·
Registered
13,062 Posts
All I can say is it takes one heck of a fish for Jeff to get excited and this one had him excited. There is nobody better at catching big river smallies than this guy. He caught a 6.3 pounder the previous winter on the Meramec during an Upper Meramec tournament. It was weighed on set of tournament scales in front of a bunch of people. That one was 22.5" long. If this one was 23.5" like he said then I'd guarantee it was every bit of 7 pounds. Not a state record but probably one of the biggest caught in the state in a LOOONG time. Even if it had been a record, it wouldn't have mattered because of it being catch and release season. He is one of the few guys that I believe without question when he says he caught a giant fish.

6.3 pounder.
Vertebrate Sky Fish Fisherman Car

The dude is a stick on the lake too. He took 3rd in the 2019 Fall Big Bass Bash and has won plenty of money in the bigger tournament trails like Anglers in Action.
Shorts Public address system Microphone T-shirt Recreation

I believe he is retiring from teaching this year so those of us that fish against him are pretty well screwed because he'll have even more time to fish and keep them figured out. :ROFLMAO:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts