New Spinnerbaits!

Discussion in 'Fishing Gear & Tackle' started by Johnny, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Johnny

Johnny Crossbows!!!!

Sep 30, 2010
    Linn Co.
  2. henry

henry Fan Boy aka Mr Twisty and

Have the bass been chompin good for you this summer or have you been too busy making stuff for other peoples bass to chomp ??

3. Johnny

Johnny Crossbows!!!!

Sep 30, 2010
    Linn Co.
    I'm usually busy in the shop and getting to see other peoples fish. The little fishing i have done has been good though!

4. MAJORTOM

MAJORTOM Active Member

Mar 14, 2006
    At work as usual
    Lookin good Johnny!

5. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Looks good Johnny!

6. Johnny

Johnny Crossbows!!!!

Sep 30, 2010
    Linn Co.
    Thanks!

Done a little product testing on a new version of the BHO baits this evening. I got the performance that I was after and caught a couple good fish.......... and myself.
    The first fish flopped as the hook came out and the next thing I knew, I was having to pop it out of my hand.
    That was the first time I've had a hook buried past the barb........ and hopefully the last time.

7. MAJORTOM

MAJORTOM Active Member

Mar 14, 2006
    At work as usual
    Ouch!!! :whiteflag:

8. jewilliams

jewilliams Active Member

Feb 15, 2012
    SEMO.
    Good looking baits like always Johnny!

Should be making it up that way in the next week or two. Hope the wetlands has enough water for a teal hunt. Has it been dry up there this summer?

9. Johnny

Johnny Crossbows!!!!

Sep 30, 2010
    Linn Co.
    Should be some water out there but I haven't been out that way to know for sure. I was going to go past there earlier and have a look for you but a tractor turned down that road so I went somewhere else to dump my fish heads :D

10. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Great baits! Highly recommend.

11. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Good reminder that I need to get mine ordered. Thanks!

12. Johnny

Johnny Crossbows!!!!

Sep 30, 2010
    Linn Co.

Yes sir! I started to text you again yesterday, with a reminder, and then got busy and forgot.
    I just made some upgrades to those baits so your timing is perfect!

13. Gamegetter

Gamegetter Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2004
    I wrote down some colors that I liked several weeks ago, but wanted some input from you on best colors and weights before making final decisions. Will be mostly big ponds/small lake fishing, but will occasionally hit the big lakes such as LOZ.

14. rangerdvr

rangerdvr Senior Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Beebe, Arkansas
    Man I love your website picture!! Where did that come from? :)

Johnny likes this.
  15. Johnny

Johnny Crossbows!!!!

Sep 30, 2010
    Linn Co.

The 3/8 Mag Willow would work good in the large ponds and small lakes. If the small lakes see some boat traffic, the 1/2oz would also work on them.
    On LOZ the 1/2 or 3/4oz (3/4oz if your wanting to keep the bait down on deeper points or humps) in either blade style. The willow does put out a louder noise but there are several that believe that the extra vibration of the Mag Willow blade will garner more strikes ( I fish the Mag Willow 90% of the time).
    The most popular colors have been the Gizzard Shad, Purple Shad, Hot Shad, and Chartreuse White; but lately the Green Perch, yellow perch have been fairly hot sellers and I've been seeing some nice catches on those colors.
    I usually throw the Purple Shad, Chartreuse Shad, Hot Shad, Smokin Blue Chartreuse, and Yellow Perch; but i have caught some nice fish on the Green Perch in the last couple of weeks.

Feel free to give me a call if you need more info!

16. Johnny

Johnny Crossbows!!!!

Sep 30, 2010
    Linn Co.
    That photo was submitted to me through a Facebook contest and I do not remember what lake that is.

17. Johnny

Johnny Crossbows!!!!

Sep 30, 2010
    Linn Co.
    That photo was submitted to me through a Facebook contest and I do not remember what lake that is.

18. MOFish20

MOFish20 Senior Member

Oct 12, 2010
    don't sleep on the inline spinner! Will be giving it and the other baits a thorough workout monday on our annual work float trip. I'll try to remember to take some pics. Excellent baits!