Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking at buying a new shotgun sometime soon before next hunting season. I like to waterfowl/turkey/sporting and just about shoot and hunt everything. Im looking for a new semi auto under $900. I Have looked at the stoger m3500 and kinda like it but i wanted to hear from you guys. any suggestions.

·
14,448 Posts
Beretta A300 or Benelli Montefeltro

Beretta shoots softer, is adjustable for cast as well as drop. Benelli is lighter, adjustable for drop only, recoils a bit more, easier to clean and maintain. Trigger pull is a little heavier on Benelli but not bad. Both are excellent guns. Take your pick

·
Quack
5,490 Posts
There are some chiappa triple threats on gunbroker for 900.

·
6,811 Posts
Know people who've had terrible luck the stoegers. Browning, Winchester or beretta would be my top 3. I've got a Maxus and it handles great and felt recoil is very minimal.

·
Máistir an pointe hocht.
73,069 Posts
Know people who've had terrible luck the stoegers. Browning, Winchester or beretta would be my top 3. I've got a Maxus and it handles great and felt recoil is very minimal.
X2.

And, before Trapper comes on and says it, get a Winchester SX3, and don't look back. You get what you pay for. :wave:

I personally like Beretta's, and Brownings, but the SX3 is basically a Browning, or the Brownings are a Winchester... :D

In the end, buy the one that fits you best, and appeals to you the most. Also, if you do prefer recoil operated guns, Franchi/Benelli is good stuff too. :wave:

Good luck, buying new shotguns is always fun.

·
Deadeye
6,084 Posts
I had a stoeger that new out of the box I had to take it to my gunsmith to make it function properly.

·
13,529 Posts
with the SX4 now out, should we expect the remaining SX3's to be discounted some time soon?

·
Full Fledged Member
4,913 Posts
Browning-Chester SX/Gold seemed to fit me best, so it was up to the market to see which one found me first.

I looked at a Franchi Affinity long and hard as well, they make a Lefty and had one in stock at Cabelas, but ultimately I liked the Browning best, and a good used option at the right price popped up locally....so that's what happened in my case :D.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.