Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Mailman...here ya go!!! Got the scope from ebay yesterday, BSA 6-18x40, Weaver mounts from Wworld, on top of a new to me Marlin 17HMR...Has anyone tried Federal Premium V Max bullets yet? I'm gonna get it bore sighted in the am, and shoot it soon after, can't wait!!!!

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by ladeerman
Sweet fireman!!! I need to get a safe like yours!
I wish now that I'da gotten a bigger one!!!!

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by ladeerman
Well, sell me yours when you get a bigger one. Write my name and address on the front, slap a couple of stamps on it, and push it out to the road for the mailman to pick it up.
HA!!! Take one heckuva stamp, fo sho!!!

Yea, Mrb, it should reach right out there...the "Sweet 17" scopes made by BSA have a trajectory compensator built in, specific to this caliber I guess...should be fun to play with. My uncle's neighbor calls it a "cat enema"...lol

·
Registered
70,769 Posts
Looking good there fireman. If'n ya find out that scope is a bit to powerful for you I got one I'll trade ya!! Did the guy send you the instructions on how to adjust that scope? It isn't the same as your normal rifle scope. If not and you need some instructions you got my number. :cheers::cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by Mailman
Looking good there fireman. If'n ya find out that scope is a bit to powerful for you I got one I'll trade ya!! Did the guy send you the instructions on how to adjust that scope? It isn't the same as your normal rifle scope. If not and you need some instructions you got my number. :cheers::cheers::cheers:
Yea, everything was in da box, I'm good to go!!! Little allen wrench and all. It really does need a trigger though...got a call in to a gunsmith buddy, but haven't heard back yet. Any idea if it the factory trigger can be lightened up?

·
Registered
70,769 Posts
I didn't mess with it. I just lucked into one on ebay. If you get a Rifle Basix brand make sure you get the one that fits your model of gun. It sure do make a difference. As for brand of bullets.....I have always stayed with 17 grain Hornadys.

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
Very nice lookin gun fireman!
Hope its a shooter for ya!
:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
alright fireman :cheers::dancin:
another .17hmr in the fold. i'm still figuring mine out as far as likes and dislikes. hornady makes a 20gr tpx or something like that anyway it is a tougher bullet allmost like a mini barnes-x bullet if you need something with more penetration. my rifle (ruger m77.17) has taken a liking to the hornady 17 gr v-max and the cci TNT also in 17 gr. the remingtons where so so but my barrel is still breaking in so we'll see what it likes and don't like after a few more down the tube. you should be a squirrel sniping s.o.b. with that scope. :sniper: those marlins are really known for their barrels when it comes to the rimfire arena you should be pleased. now you'll be one of those guys in the marlin forum at rimfirecentral.

·
PURE KILLER
38,014 Posts
looks like a sweet rig and a nice safe.i thought i a good safe a couple of weeks ago,they were tearing the old commerce bank and i tried to buy the vault door .would have been nice and already figured out i was gonna pour two walls of congrete in the corner of the basment and have me a great big walkin safe,but oh no someone had already beat to it.:whinging:

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
fireman, you're not the only one getting a new toy. i traded rifles with a guy in Oregon and his just arrived at my ffl's today. so it looks like i'm a .243 shooter now. hope it looks/shoots good.:banana:

·
Under appreciated
92,881 Posts
Nice rig there Fireman..

I need to get me a .17.. Let me know how you like the marlin.

I can see a tree-rat derby in the near future.

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I looked for some Hornady's, but all Wallyworld sells are CCI's and the Federals...

Rimfirecentral...I'll have to check dat one out!!!

Rat, I'll bring it to R2's, let ya shoot it, see how ya like it. I should have it dialed in by then, I hope!!!!

JimH, my daughter shoots a Ruger 243....really sweet shooter. With an OLD Bushnell fixed 4 power on top, shoots less than 1" groups at 100 yds!!!!! With handloads I got from the guy that sold us the gun....I can get his recipe if ya want it!

·
Registered
17,005 Posts
yepper, you will love that Marlin. my only complaint with it is sometimes the magazine is a pain to get and stay seated however it is an amazing tack driver.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Originally posted by fireman_3311
IJimH, my daughter shoots a Ruger 243....really sweet shooter. With an OLD Bushnell fixed 4 power on top, shoots less than 1" groups at 100 yds!!!!! With handloads I got from the guy that sold us the gun....I can get his recipe if ya want it!
i don't reload but i'll take it just the same. never know when i might run into someone who does.

·
Your Local Know It All
7,020 Posts
Awesome, I've been thinkin about getting one of those, but have yet to do it.

BTH

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.