Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just reading up on new regs for 2010

and one that really caught my eye was one that involved bringing deer elk or moose into the state of MO

I will get a link and post it for you all to see your selves but it diffantly will affect many of us that hunt outta state.

basically the way i read it is nothing changes if you bring in just boned out meat or antlers cut from the skull or capes

how ever i know many of us just partially cape out our trophies to the back of the skull and transport it home to the taxi man that way. that will still be allowed however we will NOW HAVE to contact the MDC upon doing so same way if you kill a deer say just acroos the line in iowa or KS and plan to haul it home just feild dressed to process now in order to do that we must notify mdc and take it to a licensed processor.

basically if you bring anypart of the animal that has spinal cord or brain you have to let MDC know now within 24 hours.

just a heads up

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes its in an effort to prevent cwd

as of my understanding nothing as of now has to be tested but it is the belief of mdc that processors and taxi man will despose of the spinal cord and brain matter in a way to prevent it from reaching our native herds

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[rquote=1563608&tid=108739&author=Scott_288]so now a person cant process their own meat from another state!?!?! thats a pile of :bull:[/rquote]

well yes and no

if you bring the carcass in to mo whole just feild dressed NO

if you quater it up like many people do elk or debone it
you can still process your own meat YES as long as you leave the back bone that holds the spinal cord in the state with the gut pile basically

·
Registered
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
as far as what i read it only covers deer moose and elk
doesnt cover pigs, caribou, sheep, antelope, goats or anything else.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
So i would hope they will pick up the bill on the processing fee's... Makes zero sense that you cant process your own game

·
Mountain lion hunter
28,447 Posts
[rquote=1563631&tid=108739&author=huntforfunnfood]as far as what i read it only covers deer moose and elk
doesnt cover pigs, caribou, sheep, antelope, goats or anything else. [/rquote]

Did anyone from here bring an elk back to Mo last year??:peepwall:

·
Grrrrrrr
30,041 Posts
[rquote=1563623&tid=108739&author=Refuze2falo]:claphands:Note to self.......leave pigs head in Ok after I shoot him in mid-Feb[/rquote]

Yeah...ya gotta worry about the DREADED swine flu...:rof2::rof2::whistle::whistle::wave:

·
Mountain lion hunter
28,447 Posts
[rquote=1563649&tid=108739&author=archer66][rquote=1563623&tid=108739&author=Refuze2falo]:claphands:Note to self.......leave pigs head in Ok after I shoot him in mid-Feb[/rquote]

Yeah...ya gotta worry about the DREADED swine flu...:rof2::rof2::whistle::whistle::wave:[/rquote]

:rof2:

·
PURE KILLER
38,024 Posts
i just hope it doesn't become the taxidermists responsibility to make sure it is done.i don't know about other states but wy has been that way for a long time.and actually that is the only reason elkhunter takes me west , just in case he kills somethin:D

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
[rquote=1563640&tid=108739&author=Refuze2falo][rquote=1563631&tid=108739&author=huntforfunnfood]as far as what i read it only covers deer moose and elk

Did anyone from here bring an elk back to Mo last year??:peepwall:[/rquote]

:wave:

·
Mountain lion hunter
28,447 Posts
[rquote=1563717&tid=108739&author=deerhunter365][rquote=1563640&tid=108739&author=Refuze2falo][rquote=1563631&tid=108739&author=huntforfunnfood]as far as what i read it only covers deer moose and elk

Did anyone from here bring an elk back to Mo last year??:peepwall:[/rquote]

:wave:[/rquote]

:2thumbsup::claphands:Congrats

Any more?

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
[rquote=1563637&tid=108739&author=Montauklunkerhunter]So i would hope they will pick up the bill on the processing fee's... Makes zero sense that you cant process your own game
[/rquote]

They are not saying you can't process your meat. You just need to leave the spine in the state you shot it in. So bone out your meat and bring it home. Not a big deal IMO.

·
just a no body
15,499 Posts
[rquote=1563771&tid=108739&author=Heart shot][rquote=1563637&tid=108739&author=Montauklunkerhunter]So i would hope they will pick up the bill on the processing fee's... Makes zero sense that you cant process your own game
[/rquote]

They are not saying you can't process your meat. You just need to leave the spine in the state you shot it in. So bone out your meat and bring it home. Not a big deal IMO.

[/rquote]
kinda the way I look at it

·
Great White Buffalo @*%!
10,174 Posts
Just debone your meat before bringing it back across MO state lines. Not a big deal and there are several other states that already have this rule in place. They are not saying you can't process your own meat.

No spinal cord or brian matter = no CWD coming into the state by way of out of state hunters/kills.

·
Confirmed Bachelor
10,482 Posts
[rquote=1563683&tid=108739&author=coyotehunter]i just hope it doesn't become the taxidermists responsibility to make sure it is done.i don't know about other states but wy has been that way for a long time.and actually that is the only reason elkhunter takes me west , just in case he kills somethin:D[/rquote]

Yote, the way I read it, they are basically passing the buck to you and the processor for disposal in approved manners. If I bring in a deer/elk from out of state to you to mount, I have to report it to MDC, and I have a pretty good inkling they would be contacting you to follow up.

Skulls,skull caps, and capes must be completely clean if you do not take to a taxidermist is also a listed requirement.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts