New place in Salem

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by Reed, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Reed

Reed New Member

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem, MO
    Have had the Stealth Trail cam out in a few places on our new retirement place in Salem. Quite a few does and several fawns. One FAT yote! A few armadillo's tearing up my barn floor. Last Saturday put the cam in a new spot. The next morning had over 80 photos. One nice tall fork horn chasin does, then he gets chased off by a nice 6-8 pointer, couldn't really tell 'cause he was running hard past the camera. An hour later the 6-8 returns chasin a doe so hard, that if that doe has made a sudden stop, he would have burried his nose up to her neck.

The new place is looking quite promising. Can't wait to get all the BS repairs done to enjoy it a little more.:claphands::claphands::claphands:

2. Bowtech

Bowtech New Member

Sep 15, 2010
    Barnhart, Mo.
    need some :kewlpics:

3. angus

angus Member

Oct 17, 2005
    Salem
    Sounds great...Just remember, there are no deer in Dent county.. Or at least not supposed to be.

4. HabitatMD

HabitatMD Active Member

Jan 4, 2007
    St. Louis, Mo
    I had never seen one before. :wave: I hear the armadillo population is booming.

5. Z7shooter237

Z7shooter237 Member

Sep 29, 2010
  6. Reed

Reed New Member

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem, MO
    pics

Here (hopefully) are a few.

[file]146125[/file]

7. mohunter32

mohunter32 Senior Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2005
    Franklin Co, MO
    Good luck with the new place!

8. Reed

Reed New Member

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem, MO
    another one

[file]146127[/file]

9. Reed

Reed New Member

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem, MO
    [rquote=1878934&tid=130829&author=angus]Sounds great...Just remember, there are no deer in Dent county.. Or at least not supposed to be.[/rquote]

I ain't sayin' nuttin:rof2:

If you are in salem, I guess you may know where my place is on west franklin and 72, just before ferrell gas. I will be there this weekend, if you are in the neigbor hood stop by and say hello.

reed

10. angus

angus Member

Oct 17, 2005
    Salem
  11. mohunter32

mohunter32 Senior Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2005
    Franklin Co, MO
    That's a healthy looking yote.

12. angus

angus Member

Oct 17, 2005
    Salem
    Yep, I know exaclty where your at.. Im guessin you bought the place on the left on 72 1/4 mile before the Ferrellgas bulk plant? I havent payed any attention recently, but that used to be a nice looking place, Im sure it still is? Congrats on the new place. Ill have to catch up with you sometime out there!:cheers:

13. FiremanBrad

FiremanBrad New Member

Reed, good to see ya round here!!! Good luck to ya!!!!:cheers::wave:

14. skull stacker

skull stacker Active Member

Sep 3, 2008
    SEMO
    Salem! Thats getting pretty close to Iron county, so yes the hunting is very good there.

15. Reed

Reed New Member

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem, MO
    [rquote=1881368&tid=130829&author=angus]Yep, I know exaclty where your at.. Im guessin you bought the place on the left on 72 1/4 mile before the Ferrellgas bulk plant? I havent payed any attention recently, but that used to be a nice looking place, Im sure it still is? Congrats on the new place. Ill have to catch up with you sometime out there!:cheers:[/rquote]

That be the place, the misses is calling it the Hobbit House Organic Farm.

16. Reed

Reed New Member

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem, MO
    [rquote=1881525&tid=130829&author=FiremanBrad]Reed, good to see ya round here!!! Good luck to ya!!!!:cheers::wave:[/rquote]

It's been a while since I have posted. You know how life gets in the way some times. After looking for quite a while for a place and finding one, the honey-do list never gets done.

But come this weekend, something in woods will get shot. Giving the new place another year before hunting any deer, but will still be hunting where we always do in Warrenton.