New parker bows

Discussion in 'Archery Equipment' started by rat, Feb 13, 2006.

1. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Ok.... I would like to get everyones opinion on a couple of bows parker is hawking for 2006.

They are the Frontier 2-plus and the Hornet 2-plus. These are Parkers 2-cam offerings for 2006 and they are boasting 333 and 330fps respectively. Anyone know of or have any experience with Parker and 2-cams?

2. I've owned a couple Parkers but none that were of the 2 cam breed.

I will say the ones I had were great shooting bows.

I actually looked at one of the Hornets and it is definitely a very nice looking and feeling bow.

3. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    If it makes any difference, and it probably does, I was thinking bowtech all the way but these new parkers have me thinking...

4. I don't really like to say one brand is better than the other because they are all great, but I would say shoot the two and then decide.

I think you'll lean Bowtechs way again....JMO

Both the Parkers being fairly short axle to axle and Brace heights well under 7'' I would be concerned about the shootablility. That coupled with the speed and the tamability of arrow flight.

5. membergone

membergone New Member

Jan 17, 2004
    Parkers are great. There aren't too many I wouldn't shoot, cept for one, and I refuse to name that country (excuse me) brand on an open forum.

I am thinkin my next bow (soon) may be a CR 337 Ross. :cheers:

6. Vector

Vector VECtor Custom Calls

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    Let us know how they shoot Rat!

Parker

7. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Well, they are coming in next week. I'll demo one and get back to you but I think I'm leaning heavily that way by what I have heard so far..

8. Vector

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    What are you shooting now?

Parker

9. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    I am shooting a bear TRX now and I have never liked it very well...

10. coyotehunter

coyotehunter PURE KILLER

Jan 19, 2005
    mexico,mo.
    what kid of price are they?

11. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Frontier 2-plus - $719.95 and Hornet 2-Plus $639.95, both msrp so a reputable dealer should be coming down from there.

My dealer says he'll let the Frontier go for $650 including setup.

They also list, for $100 extra, the package which includes quick shot whisker biscuit, Montana black and gold fibre-optic sight, Parker 2 piece quiver, Sims LS Mods, braided sling, angled peep, sims stringleeches and limbsavers.

Only diff I can see between the two is the hornet is 30" and the frontier is 32" axle to axle. Slight diff in brace height as well..

12. Vector

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    Sounds cool to me! I'd have to set up the bow with personal gear though. I'm not too much of a package kinda dude.

I'll always go with the longer ATA.....just me personally. More forgiving bow.....

I'll be interested to know what you do.

For that kinda price though.....why aren't you looking at a Mathews/Hoyt/AR?

BOTTOM LINE: BUY WHAT FEELS GOOD!

Parker

13. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    I agree on the package, just thought I'd throw that out there.

Yea.. I considered Mathews, but I was convinced to about the Bowtech. This parker thing came across my desk last week and has me wondering....

I'll let you know what happens.

14. Vector

Feb 11, 2003
    N/C MO
    Cool.

I'm not knocking a package either....I just like to have my own 'custom' setup.....I don't want the guy next to me to be able to say.....hey! My bow's set up the same way!

Know why?! CAUSE IF HE BEATS ME, THEN I KNOW ITS THE SHOOTER THAT'S THE PROBLEM! HAHAHA! :D

Parker

15. rat

rat Legbone

Dec 13, 2005
    Well, I wouldnt mind the package but I have other components in mind anyway.

16. Man im kinna one sided because all ill own is Parker.
    I have mt pheonix up for sale right now cause im gonna buy a new hornet. Im just a hard core parker guy. Ive owned and shot all the big 3 and go back to parker every time. Just my opinion though. But i will soon own the hornet with the 2-plus cam system. they just feel better and shoot better to me.

chad

17. Hatch

Hatch New Member

Jul 17, 2005
    OFallon MO
    I love my Parker UL 35! Smooth & Quiet...

18. Yeah before i got this pheonix i had a parker ultra lite 31 and loved it.

chad

19. bowhunter8

bowhunter8 Senior Member

Jan 24, 2006
    county, MO
    I heard those Ross are suppossed to be very nice. I shoot the Parker Phoenix 34. I haven't heard about these new ones, but the little lady would shoot me if I start talking new bow again.

20. Well since everyone else is scared to say it. BUY THE BOWTECH.

Now that I have that out of the way, you should shoot a bunch of different brands and see what you like the best. I can tell you from experience the bows you are considering are much smoother, quieter, and faster than your Fred Bear TRX. There is really no comparison in my book.

If you want a bowtech you should give Randy Ward a call in Osceola at In the Sticks Archery. He can set you up real nice. I will U2U the phone number.

BTH