Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Senior Member Team 19
3,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new favorite mineral from now on.. Just on a whim I bought some mineral from ORSCHELN's last week and put it out over what was left of last years salt lick spot. Its 4.5% phosphorus and has salt and calcium and other trace minerals in it. Its almost like deer cains' black magic but I got 50# for 9$ after taxes. I put about half of it out over the old lick spot and mixed it in with a rake. went to hang my trail cam this morning and low and behold it was almost gone already with 2 big holes in the ground each about 1 1/2 ft in diameter and a foot deep.... I just bought some more and will put it out this weekend when I hang my last stand.

:banana::banana:

·
Banned
81,584 Posts
They carry a variety of Ragland mineral mixes. Do you by any chance remember which flavor it was????

:cheers::cheers:

·
Banned
81,584 Posts
Originally posted by Dutch
Its the "multipurpose 4% phophorus mineral"... in a blue bag and its brown in color.
Thanks. Like I said they have several flavors, so thats a big help. I think that next spring I'll try one of their molasses protein mineral tubs,,just to see if the deer will use it. I was reading the contents of one of those while at Ragland making a pickup this week,,,and they have a 5% calcium content in them. I just wonder if the deer would like it and if the added calcium would be good for lactating doe and for antler development in bucks.

:cheers::cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.