Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, I was at Walmart the other day and saw a new item manufactured by Thermacell. It's called the Thermascent.

www.thermascent.net

Wheras the original was marketed at a Mosquito Repellant, they have a new unit out that works to let off your favorite deer scent! Works on the same concept. They come with pads on which you can put your deer urine or whatnot. The butane burns and warms the pads and the scent is dispersed.

I'm yet to figure out if you can use your Thermacell with the Thermascent platform and pads to achieve the same results. I'm guessing you can! Pretty cool idea.

Also, a tip for you Thermacell folks that I learned over on another site. You can go to Walmart and buy the butane refills for portable (hair) curling irons. They're the exact same butane bottles. It'll save you a ton over buying the Thermacell brand refills. They're something like $4 for a 3 pack. This is GREAT because most of the time, you'll run out of butane before you use all of the repellant pads!

·
5,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I gather, it's not burnt...just warmed so the scent will disperse faster.

I'm not sure that I'll buy into it. Just thought it was a neat concept.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.