Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For whoever wants to know...the new Iowa DNR regulations are on thier website...they are MAKING us buy a $100 antlerless tag, if we are successful in the drawing for our anydeer tag....I guess if I'm dumb enuff to pay it, I won't complain too much....lol. 323 bucks for the anydeer tag...100 for the doe tag...80 for the hunting license, 18 or so for the habitat fee ( I have those last 2 from turkey season luckily)...Heck, if you had to buy it all, it would be higher than a colorado elk tag....but I know right where to hang my stands in Iowa....Ok, I'm done whinin now...:boohoo:

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm to the same point, Parker, but I hate to give up 2 preference points....might be my last trip...kinda takes the wind outta da sails...

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
MO needs to put the hammer down on the out of state hunters just like they do to us!! You pay what we pay or just take an out of state average but it is just not fair for what the great state of MO offers out of state hunters for the price!!!:mad:

·
5,631 Posts
Originally posted by Rebelcj7
holy crap, do they take kidneys as down payments? :eek:
That's what I was thinkin Rebel.

Hatch, I agree with you 100%

Brad, have fun!

As for me...there's plenty of big ol' bruiser bucks killed right here in the good ol' Show Me State for me to go blowin $500 (just for the tags) on an out of state deer hunt. The only way I'd spend money to hunt out of state is if I got to hunt with my dad in KY. And still, I'd rather him come here!

·
PURE KILLER
38,011 Posts
Originally posted by Hatch
MO needs to put the hammer down on the out of state hunters just like they do to us!! You pay what we pay or just take an out of state average but it is just not fair for what the great state of MO offers out of state hunters for the price!!!:mad:
there isn't no way in the world i would pay that much for a stinkin deer tag in iowa.but there will be people silly enough to do it.heck go to nebraska over the counter tags and good hunting.

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Brad, I can't find the breakdown of where it says what you're talking about. Could you post the link?? Thanks bro.

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
It is time hunters started boycotting those states with outlandish non-res tag fees. While the idea of raisoig non-res fees in Missouri sounds good that is exactly what Iowa and other high fee states want to see. Kansas raised theirs last year and I wrote numerous e-mails to the state complaining about these high fees. I also boycotted Kansas deer season. We as hunters have the power to stop this. States like Iowa are taking our hunting heritage and turning it into Big Business. The ever ending quest for big antlers and all the hooplah about big antlers is starting to sour this sport for me. I'm going turkey hunting. Sure hope that turkey I shoot has a 4 beards, 2" spurs and weighs 30lbs.:roll2:

Jack

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
38,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Jack, I think you hit the nail on the head here....raising Mo prices won't change a thing with other states...heck, they'll just raise them more...This has happened all over out west...limited number of non resident tags, and raise the price every year...

Buying an Iowa deer tag is no sillier than payin the same money for a non resident tag for elk, or even more money for sheep or whatever...I'll only be drivin 3 1/2 hrs from home on $3 gas, instead of 12+!!!

The second year I bowhunted up there, 3 of us went up. We hunted 3 1/2 days...We counted 8 bucks on that trip that we figured would go over 120 gross...all from the stand. We saw more than that from the roads...I don't know about you, but I sho don't see that many good bucks from my stands around here. The 3 of us have this same conversation every fall during the rut, when we don't see 8 of em in 3 1/2 days...Yes, Mo has good bucks, I just think they are closer together in Iowa!!!!

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
I'll pay my little ole MO fee and shoot a little ole MO deer an be just as happy as happy can be.

Iowa can keep all their giant, record book deer and I will keep my money.

:D

·
PURE KILLER
38,011 Posts
i figured that would get a rise out of you.i hunted iowa for ten years and they started tha tag raising i quit it.same as ill.i havn't hunted there for three years now. pure and simple, my choice tag.bottom line i do see that many big deer in mo.as far as elk tags i'm forced to i got six pref. points for co.but they are my last resort place. ,before they raised their tags i hunted there because it was cheaper on the tags.but since the huge price raise i started hunting different elk states and have come to the conclusion that colorado is at the bottom of quality pole in my book.i don't mean there isn't good ones there but a less around for the money.in all of years mounting out west animals i have never mounted a 400 inch from co.but when someone backs up with a big rack in the back it will be from,wy,nm,ut but never co. so why pay the same price fro a lesser chance at a quality animal.my feelings if we don't raise the prices on the non res we are gonna be over run and lose alot of hunting ground because of it.i know the last time we hunted ill. it was sickening the res has very little ground and was losing more all the time.i just don't want to see that happen here and with states raising all around us it will happen.just because of the price of tags.

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Originally posted by caf4
I'll pay my little ole MO fee and shoot a little ole MO deer an be just as happy as happy can be.

Iowa can keep all their giant, record book deer and I will keep my money.

:D
My feelings also........:cheers: But, like Jack I do want one of those trophy turks.............:D

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
As long as MDC has all there free money tags will always be cheap here comparatively there will be lots of hunters and we will never be a trophy antler state like iowa, ill, ect.

good? bad? well its both i guess
but like you all i hate the fact its making it harder and harder to hunt
plain and simple that part just sucks

·
Registered
676 Posts
Just watch Iowa, Kansas, and Illinois run their little race to see who can get to the $1000 tag mark first. I'm sure they'll sell out too. The more people that stop hunting in these states, the more tags are available for big outfitters to secure for their clients...and these clients are already shelling out several thousands of dollars anyway. Even a $1000 tag seems reasonable if you're already paying $3000 for a hunt.

·
Registered
7,902 Posts
Stinkpinkle hit it on the head. In Kansas, its the reason that you can't get a landowners tag. These little outfits go around paying top dollar for the tags so they can sell them to their clients.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.