New hunter in camp this year

Discussion in '2011 Whitetail General' started by Poor Valley, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Poor Valley

Poor Valley Active Member

Mar 14, 2003
    Rolla, Mo
    My four year old g-grandson will be going to deer camp with me Friday. I don't know who is more excited-- him or me. He will be in the shooting house with his dad and me Sat morning. Miss Eunice made him an orange vest yesterday and I have collected the little special things he will need. Gonna have a wennier roast Friday nite(instead of traditional steak nite).

He is a pretty good outdoorsman already and doesn't require a lot of special attention. His dad has been taking him coon hunting for about 6 months and we have had him out in our deer woods a few times already.

Should be an interesting week end. Hope I can get a pic or two with him and his dad and a couple of harvested deer.

2. Wings Fan 19

Wings Fan 19 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Kansas City, MO.
    Thats cool PV.:claphands:
    My 9 year old hunted the youth weekend unsuccessfully but he'll be along side me this weekend hoping to connect.

3. Hannibal Bowhunter

Hannibal Bowhunter Active Member

Sep 15, 2007
    Hannibal, MO
    Have a blast! Started taking my son with me when he was 4 also. Nothing like it!:claphands:

4. Hayzer

Hayzer New Member

Way that is way cool. Have a great time Poor Valley:cheers:

5. conradtactical

conradtactical New Member

Aug 31, 2010
    Jefferson County, MO
    My six year old hunted this year during the youth hunt. I'll have to wait until his about 15 or so to take him to the rifle opener. Its a group of surly guys, too much adult like behavior (if you know what I mean) for a little one to see.

6. Ghost Hunter

Ghost Hunter Active Member

Jan 3, 2003
    Gotta love those new hunters.

:claphands:

7. venatic

venatic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Gotta love it when they are all excited about going even though they aren't even hunting. :eek::