new homemade decoy bag - <$5 in old material

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Hunting' started by tjmstng68, Oct 27, 2010.

1. tjmstng68

tjmstng68 New Member

Oct 18, 2006
    Pacific
    A few years ago I picked up a couple camo blankets for less than $5 a piece, the material was rough as heck so they have just been used for outdoors and decorations. Sent 1 with my mom and told her a rough idea of what I wanted. A couple days later she gave me this.
    I can carry 8 full bodies no problem, seems strong and sturdy. Even has some pockets built in the inside. Think this will help alot with getting these dekes moved around. And since I already had the material, it didnt cost me a dime.

:trophy::trophy:

[file]143299[/file]

2. tjmstng68

tjmstng68 New Member

Oct 18, 2006
    Pacific
    I am pretty sure in the future I will be capitilizing on my mothers sewing abilities. She mentioned using a canvas, so I think for any other bags in the future I may try getting more specialized weather resisted material and letter her build me bags. Sure would beat spending $50 on a bag. Next assignment will be a bag for magnum goose floaters, think I might have her make it back pack style....hmmmm

3. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    :eek::

Id be worried about the bodies rubbing against each other with no separation between em.

Looks good tho :cheers:

4. tjmstng68

tjmstng68 New Member

Oct 18, 2006
    Pacific
    [rquote=1865289&tid=129885&author=Rebel]:eek::

Id be worried about the bodies rubbing against each other with no separation between em.

Looks good tho :cheers:[/rquote]

Think I should have her make little individual "socks" for each to sit in? Those dekes dont really brake down easily so I would prefer to keep them set up. What do you think?I could have her add sections, but I think that would make it a sick deke bag....:thinking:

5. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    you will have paint problems without it

6. Rebel2

Rebel2 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    Socks are primo... like Dave smith uses and some of the others..buuuut takes quite a bit more time putting em on each one. Separators are easier and can still leave em attached. Might not be able to get 8 in there.. 6 prolly.. but would be better in the long run

:cheers: