new homemade decoy bag - <$5 in old material

Discussion in 'Duck & Goose Hunting' started by tjmstng68, Oct 27, 2010.

1. tjmstng68

tjmstng68 New Member

Oct 18, 2006
    Pacific
    A few years ago I picked up a couple camo blankets for less than $5 a piece, the material was rough as heck so they have just been used for outdoors and decorations. Sent 1 with my mom and told her a rough idea of what I wanted. A couple days later she gave me this.
    I can carry 8 full bodies no problem, seems strong and sturdy. Even has some pockets built in the inside. Think this will help alot with getting these dekes moved around. And since I already had the material, it didnt cost me a dime.

:trophy::trophy:

[file]143299[/file]

2. tjmstng68

tjmstng68 New Member

Oct 18, 2006
    Pacific
    I am pretty sure in the future I will be capitilizing on my mothers sewing abilities. She mentioned using a canvas, so I think for any other bags in the future I may try getting more specialized weather resisted material and letter her build me bags. Sure would beat spending $50 on a bag. Next assignment will be a bag for magnum goose floaters, think I might have her make it back pack style....hmmmm

3. Rebel2

Rebel2 New Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    :eek::

Id be worried about the bodies rubbing against each other with no separation between em.

Looks good tho :cheers:

4. tjmstng68

tjmstng68 New Member

Oct 18, 2006
    Pacific
    [rquote=1865289&tid=129885&author=Rebel]:eek::

Id be worried about the bodies rubbing against each other with no separation between em.

Looks good tho :cheers:[/rquote]

Think I should have her make little individual "socks" for each to sit in? Those dekes dont really brake down easily so I would prefer to keep them set up. What do you think?I could have her add sections, but I think that would make it a sick deke bag....:thinking:

5. winger

winger New Member

Oct 24, 2003
    you will have paint problems without it

6. Rebel2

Rebel2 New Member

Dec 16, 2003
    Ozark, MO
    Socks are primo... like Dave smith uses and some of the others..buuuut takes quite a bit more time putting em on each one. Separators are easier and can still leave em attached. Might not be able to get 8 in there.. 6 prolly.. but would be better in the long run

:cheers: