·
Registered
11,973 Posts
Howdy and welcome! Nice deer!

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks evrybody. that was my first deer. been trying for about ten years. i use to laugh at the guys on tv when they got all excited after taking a deer but i'll never do that again. if i hadn't been strapped in my chair, i probably would have been on the ground. can't wait to do it again. hopefully they keep gettin' bigger.

·
19,585 Posts
Originally posted by HawgHead
i use to laugh at the guys on tv when they got all excited after taking a deer but i'll never do that again. if i hadn't been strapped in my chair, i probably would have been on the ground.
I hear ya...I took my first deer with a crossbow, year before last. It took me 8 years to do it, so I know exactly what you mean... :D

G

·
HawgHead...... Hope you don't mind... I took your photo and resized it for an avatar....... Let me know if you want me to change it.....

Great photo, IMHO......:banana:

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
found a guy who doesn't allow hunting on his property but since i hadn't ever taken one he allowed me to give it try. was lookin down over a pasture and about 330pm the does started to ease out. about 430pm and 6-8 does later he strolled out. took about a 75 yd shot. he ran about 10 yds and fell belly up. i still get excted when i tell the story.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.