Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
momma told me I can have a new rifle. I am thinking about a rugar 204 for some yotes. The bullistics seems to be a little better than the 22-250. What do you all think? Would this be a good gun or should I go with something else.
:sniper:

·
Under appreciated
88,216 Posts
Do you reload?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no I don't reload but my best friend does and with the dies he would load me anything and I have been looking at starting. I am not worried about the pelts. I have a 22-250. But when momma says its ok I am not going to wait to long. I am looking for a flat shooting gun that can reach out. Manly shoot yotes and cats. the 204 bullistics look better than the 223. Alot better and I need to get this rolling because I don't want to give momma time to change her mind. What about 6mm?

·
Confirmed Bachelor
10,482 Posts
Well, if you have the 22-250, I'd go with the .223 for your intended usage of yotes and bobbies. That's just me though.

I don't know much about the 6mm, but I know Fishshooter has one and it's a good shooter. And since you can reload, I imagine that won't cost you too much.

But overall, I'd go with the .223

·
Registered
13,334 Posts
Go with the 223. Lot more bullet options. And better energy retention at longer range. 204 will kill a coyote, but not much of a whole. Since you mentioned the 6mm i would say go with it, or a 243. They are for the most part identical. And with the 6mm or 243, you also have a good extra deer rifle..:cheers:

·
Registered
6,049 Posts
Why didn't you call me , since you are off next week , and you said you didn't have any thing to do lets go shoppin, I think you might like the 220 swift. You also know when you say your not worried about the pelts , you know I'll always skin them for you , and if you get a varmit rifle get a set of dies , unless I already have what you buy , so we can start working up a load , and by the way momma thinks your sure spending alot of money , a new house , a new car for your new wife , and now a new rifle .:rof2: I'll call you in the morning

·
19,584 Posts
Bushmaster Camo Predator

Product Description:

.223/5.56 NATO

Built as a result of numerous requests by the hunters who wanted a slightly shorter barrel and lighter swing weight in a carry rifle for predator hunting/calling, this 20" barreled version of the Varminter will deliver all the accuracy you've come to expect from a Bushmaster.

The New "Camo" version features "RealTree Max1" Camouflage, and the finish is applied over almost the whole rifle (excepting barrel and a few small metal parts - ejection port cover, etc.).

The 20" Bushmaster Barrel is fluted 4150 ChroMoly Vanadium Steel (non- chrome lined) with sharp 1 x 8" twist rifling for the heavier bullets typically used on bigger varmints and predators.

Features include a hybrid SAAMI Spec. chamber;

Two-Stage Competition Trigger (3 1/2 lb. take-up and 1 lb. let-off);

a Vented Tubular Aluminum Free-Floater Forend with Bipod Stud

Hogue ergonomic, ambidextrous pistol grip

a 5 Round Magazine (legal for hunting in most States).

Shipped with Safety Block and Operator's Manual in a Lockable, Foam-Padded Hard Case
[file]45147[/file]

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
.220 Swift is my preference, super flat, lots of power, & can reach out there & touch something, Hear tell it is capable of 1000 yds pretty easy:peepwall:

·
Registered
6,049 Posts
I sure agree with ya Mojorisin but ol stnecld is hard headed

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Originally posted by 76_michael
I sure agree with ya Mojorisin but ol stnecld is hard headed
My girl is out in the truck right now with the bipod , the 12 guage, & my 2 favorite hand calls ready to go:sniper:

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
this is what I have found and by this the 220 swift 204 and 22-250 are about the same the 223 looks weak. click the link next to attachment

[file]45148[/file]

·
Registered
6,049 Posts
Lets go this week , ITs your choice but either 204 Ruger or 220 swift is your best choice but that is my opion

1 - 20 of 66 Posts