Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Grand PooBah
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to sell my 18' Blazer w/ 60/40HP Evinrude jet. (Let me know if interested).

And replacing it with a 17' SeaArk. It is set up nice for fishing, but I plan to upgrade the electronics and would love to upgrade the t motor to something with spot lock on it.
I am going to get the new Garmin Livescope and pair it with good side imaging. Planning on wearing out the crappie anywhere I go.
Other than BP and Cabela's is there somewhere in the STL area or south that is knowledgeable and helpful when re-doing all of your electronics?

· Grand PooBah
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I wanted someone who knows what they are doing instead of pulling someone out of clothing dept to tell me what I need for a Garmin Livescope.

· Don't mind me
10,379 Posts
Yep tri state is probably the biggest around. You might see what they charge for the actual electronics compared to bbgmarine(call them), digital oasis(I hate them but they can have good prices), ebay, etc..
You may be able to just pay them to install everything. I did it myself and I'm no rocket scientist.
Not sure if Garmin communicates with any of the trolling motor brands but it's worth looking into if you wanted to troll crankbaits for example 15' deep around a lake bank.
My next trolling motor purchase is going to HURT!

· Grand PooBah
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hear ya. I will have half the cost of the boat in electronics if I do what I really want to do. But, can you imagine what you could do with the new Gen3 sonars and a Garmin Livescope?
You could cruise any new lake, find the structure, mark it. Then come back, put the Livescope on it, check it for active fish and know and watch them at depth.
You could jig for walleye, and drop minnows right on crappie's noses.
If I get the upgraded t motor, hit spot lock and stay right on them.
Even I might be able to catch fish then.

· Grand PooBah
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WOW. Just dropped $3,500 on new electronics. Went to BBG and called them up. Brian discounted the whole package $350 under what I could buy them local and no tax, no shipping.
I will try to install them myself.
When I decide to upgrade the trolling motor, I will go to Tri-State.
Can't wait to get it all worked out and find the fish.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.