NEW Deer Stand Company Out!

Discussion in 'Social Club' started by manitou1, Nov 14, 2017 at 12:16 PM.

1. manitou1

manitou1 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Truman Lake
    20171114_084809.jpg This one's called "The Gambler". Even comes with a free, full color liability waiver printed on classic parchment paper.
    Word is they are working on a climber called "No Fear" to be released by early fall of 2018.

TFWarrior, jehrbo, gurgalunas and 4 others like this.

2. Hawk

Hawk Well-Known Member Sponsor

Oct 15, 2009
    Looks comfy if its was ratcheted to the tree and lifelines were used...

3. MOFish20

MOFish20 Science Doesn't Care What You Believe

Oct 12, 2010
    You can pick this sucker up for $8000.

[​IMG]

4. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
  5. bajabill

bajabill BDR529

Feb 16, 2012
    East Central MO
    I still remember my dad's first tree stand, a kitchen chair hung from a fork in a tree, and a rope ladder going up.

I found some remnants of an old tree stand, one remaining wood rung nailed to a tree just on the other side of our fence. I asked my friend, I wonder how old you need to be to remember/realize that was how tree stands were made before the industry caught up. Use to be, you climbed up to a wedge in the tree and sat there. Good old days of sore buns.

STTH likes this.
  6. STTH

STTH Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2006
    Turd Crick North
    I used to always carry a 30' 3/8 rope and processes it back and forth in the fork of a tree to sit on, those were the days and everyone thought that safety straps were for p kitties.

7. Sully

Sully Bait Plotter Extraordinar

Aug 28, 2007
    Truman lake , MO
    Back in the day hunting south Arkansas leases would use linesman pole climbing gaffs to get up and down to a loc on other wise half the club would be using your stand ... Bark rash is a real thing !

8. NoLuck

NoLuck Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Mehlville,MO
    Heck, just the old Baker stands were a death trap. If it came loose from your boots and slid down the tree you were screwed. I took and put eye bolts on mine and put a heavy duty bungee on it to keep it from sliding down while you shifted your weight around. Ahhh the good old days. LOL

Sully and STTH like this.
  9. fishshooter

fishshooter Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Reform
    :rofl:

I have a new appreciation for modern stands

10. STTH

STTH Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2006
    Turd Crick North
    Had the bottom of a baker style fall out from under me a couple times, getting down is a blast although gravity is on your side.

manitou1 likes this.
  11. NoLuck

NoLuck Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2008
    Mehlville,MO
    Learned real quick to tie those together with a 1/4 rope with enough slack to climb with. I’ve shimmied down too many trees when I was young and dumb.

Sully likes this.
  12. manitou1

Apr 28, 2012
    Truman Lake
    Yeah, I killed a few while balancing on a limb back in the '70's. Missed few more with a bow too. Back then "the cat's meow" was some good 2x's nailed up the tree with a nice pallet wedged in the limbs. A good foot or two of snow for a soft landing! :)
    Funny thing is that this chair stand was at least a mile from the road. That would be a chore toting that in and then it was probably 20' up the tree.

13. manitou1

Apr 28, 2012
    Truman Lake
    I believe the does are in what they call "lock down" in my hunt area. Drove it out last night and saw 5 yearlings without mammas. Hunted daylight to dark today and saw four lone yearlings. I did see someone had hit a (guess) 130" class buck on my way home. They were standing over it with a flashlight and it had it's head up.

14. bowbender

bowbender Active Member