Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
2,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to get a new rig for this fall. I'd like to spend around $700 (give or take $100) for whole set up, minus the rest. Any suggestions. I'm drawn to the Ross, but I haven't priced them yet. Of course, I could be persuaded to spend more. I'll probably check out Andy's archery in NKC.

·
Registered
12,626 Posts
I just love the ROSS bows........and I want one bad.:whinging: If I remember right the CR337 runs about $650. Check out what Andy's has and a price and then give Earl Foster a call down at BB's Archery. They may not be the fastest bow on the market right now but they are very smooth and easy to shoot:cheers:

MoBowman ```---------->

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
Not the fastest, I own that one and you can't buy a new one. :) the Ross bows look like smooth shooters though. I've got a few bows for sale if interested will make you a good deal.

BTH

·
Registered
903 Posts
My advice: Shoot lots of them and find the one you like. Lots of great bows out there. I do like the looks of the Ross bows though. The standard Winner's Choice bowstring is an awesome feature. I love my Hoyt, but I hate the standard factory string. :mad2:

·
5,632 Posts
Ross, Ross, Ross, Ross, Ross, Ross.....

My next bow will be the CR334 or CR337

·
Registered
18,259 Posts
Any Major brand named bow will do the job.

I wouldn't trade my Mathews for anything though.

·
Your Local Know It All
7,021 Posts
I would shoot as many as you could your price range. It is my experience you get what you pay for, and bows are no different. A cheaper bow will do the job, but will not feel as good in your hand as a more expensive one, or draw as smooth, or have as solid of backwall, and in most cases will not be as accurate. My first bow was a Reflex excursion, I hated it, but it was in my price range when I took this thing called archery up two years ago. It killed a deer, but it was not the bow my Bowtechs I now own are.

Make sure to look around and shoot as many as you can. If I was you I would be seriously looking at the Bowtechs, and if you want one of those give Randy Ward a call at In The Sticks Archery, he will set you up.

BTH

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.