Missouri Whitetails - Your Missouri Hunting Resource banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a new bow and have narrowed my choices done to four bows. The problem I am having is that it is hard to find a shop that carries any of these models in stock in left handed. The four bows that I really like so far are the Bowtech Destroyer 340, Strothers SR71, Elite GT500 and the Athens Accomplice. I was wondering if anyone has shot any of these bows and what the opinions are on them. I have shot the destroyer and liked it but the other three I have yet to shoot.

·
Registered
624 Posts
shot the Sr71 and the GT500...liked them both...heard good things about the destroyer....can tell you the gt500 was set on 70# and I was impressed with the draw cycle...couldn`t believe it was 70 pounds...the SR71 was on 66# and drew very smooth as well. they are both shooting faster than my old synergy and don`t have the hard draw my synergy did on 70#:2thumbsup: on either one..oh, the gt500 did have just a very small valley which I do like...the sr71 hit solid...fine if you`re used to it...I`ve just always had a valley in the bows I`ve owned...personal preference...again I`ve heard good things about he destroyer...I just haven`t shot one...good luck

·
8,861 Posts
Shot both the Strother and Elite GT500. Have a GT500 currently, but if I were getting another, I'd get the Strother. Smoothest shooter I've found.

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
i have a gt 500 its a smoker and its the smoothest pulling 70 lb bow i ever pulled back its fast i got the draw stops set right and its faster than some of the well known bows shoot em through the chrono and get the real world speed dont listen to what they tell u cause they aint that fast

·
Registered
272 Posts
Check Beanpile's quiver request and you will see my GT500. It has been Crackerized. While I doubt the ability of another person to tune a bow for someone else, when I got home, I shot it through my tuner. Punched 2 perfect bullet holes. Fast and beautiful. I like it.

This being said, I was going to buy a Strother. The original prototypes came with solid limbs. When they had the legal issues with Elite regarding cams, and when they decided to go to a split limb, I changed my mind. I am glad that I did.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.